Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

Victory Motors Redux

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Default Victory Motors Redux

Some months ago when my fiancé was in the market for a used Porsche, I came upon one on eBay, a 1999 Green Carerra. One day when I was trying to quickly locate the web site of Victory Motors, I came on a URL on Google leading to a prolonged thread that seemed very critical of Victory Motors (Houston, TX). At the time, I made the stupid assumption that I could take the comments at face value and I made a couple of entries to the effect of thanking the posters for saving me my fiancé future aggravation by avoiding Victory Motors. My fiancé did not forget the car, and we made some email and telephone communications with Robert Neal, the owner of Victory Motors. He seemed anything but the way he was depicted in the thread.

Finally, on a trip to Dallas from our home in Florida, she flew to Houston with her son to visit Victory Motors, meet Mr. Neal, and test drive the car. As she described the experience to me via telephone, the place was a wonderland for Porsche fans, and the place and the cars were immaculate. She wound up buying the car at a very attractive price. On the way back to Dallas with her new purchase, she noticed that the fuel gage seemed stuck in place and was not going down - something that would be next to impossible to notice on a test drive. She telephoned Mr. Neal, and without hesitation, she told her to have the car fixed when she got back to Florida and send him the bill. She had the car fixed, faxed him the bill and receipt, and within two days a check arrived for $382, the cost of the repair.

People that have real and imagined beefs seem to bleat the loudest, and often we here little or nothing from those who are extraordinarily pleased. The latter is the case in this situation, and I would not hesitate to either buy another Porsche from Victory Motors or recommend his dealership. Here is a copy of the email that she sent Robert this evening:

Dear Robert, thank you so much for being so considerate of my on-again, off-again purchase of my dream 1999 Porsche! With the state of the economy, the family needs, and all of the delays including the hurricane that went through Houston when I was scheduled to visit the showroom, it is a wonder that we ever got the deal done! And it was a wonderful experience!

Thank you for returning phone calls promptly, answering all of my and my fiancés questions, inviting me to visit, and keeping in touch for the six months it took to make my purchase of my dream car. My son, Ian, and I enjoyed the visit to the showroom on December 27, and the hospitality shown even when our arrival was delayed several hours because of weather and flying in from Dallas. The car was ready to go and clean as a whistle and every bit as pretty as it was in the photos on your site. And the engine purred all the way to Dallas and then the 1100 miles back to Florida.

Not only did you give me a very competitive price on the car, but you went beyond what was expected after I left the showroom. It was very good that you reimbursed me for the sometimes-functioning gas gage sending unit which I discovered on the way to Dallas. I appreciated your troubleshooting after the fact as it was not something that anyone would have seen as malfunctioning. I made my way back to Florida counting miles/gallon—which was terrific, by the way! When I told you about the sending unit needing to be replaced, you did not even hesitate to tell me to send you the bill. Thank you so much. Your support of your product was appreciated and went beyond the warranty. I will highly recommend Victory Motor Cars to whomever would be interested in buying a Porsche from a very reputable and long-standing business. Best regards, Rose Marie Ray