Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

BEWARE!!!! VICTORY MOTORCARS..HOUSTON

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Default BEWARE!!!! VICTORY MOTORCARS..HOUSTON

HERE ARE SOME RECENT STORIES OF CARS PURCHASED AT VICTORY... DO NOT USE THEIR RECOMMENDED INSPECTION COMPANY! THESE POSTS CAN ALL BE FOUND BY GOOGLING VICTORY MOTOR CARS.

STORY#1
I recently just purchased a 1996 911 Targa with 78,000 miles from Victory Motor Cars. I dealt with Robert Neal thoughout the whole process. He assured me the car was in "pristine" condition, not a scratch or dent on it. He told me it was from Southern California, and was taken care of meticiously. Looking at his ebay feedback, and reputation I had the car shipped without seeing it in person. The shipping process from Texas to Florida, was an absolute nightmare. I could not believe he would even use a company like this, which is besides the point.
Now to the condition of the car: there is scratches and chips in the paint from one end of the car to the other. Four chips on the passenger door alone. Scratches and chips on the side of roof, and paint discoloration on drivers door etc. The interior drivers arm rest is broken and hanging. The car is very far from pristine condition.Not to mention i found out the car the was from Portland,Oregon not southern California.
When I called Robert to explain to him my dissapointment, he told me it was too early in the morning to be critized about one of his cars. I told him I did not want the car and I offered to pay for shipping back to Victory Motors and I just wanted my money back. He refused and basically hung up on me. I could not believe the way he acted, but realized he knew I could not leave negative feedback about him because I bought the car privately not on an ebay auction.
After I searched around to different websites, I found more and more of these stories about Victory Motors Cars and Robert Neal. I have been buying and selling 911's for 12 years and I have never been in contact with a worse dealership and attitude in all this time. I have also heard he has people working for him leave most of his positive feedback through phony deals.
Please do not trust or buy any porsche from Victory Motor Cars. People like this shouldn't be able to get away with misleading people especially when it comes to people as passionate as most of us are about Porsches.

STORY # 2
Well, its official. A complete engine reseal, clutch replacement, total replacement of all oil hoses and $7000 later my "perfect well cared for pristine" 911 is finally in my gargage. If you are considering buying from Victory Motorcars in Houston Texas I would recommend you don't. If you must, have the pre-purchase inspection done by a Porsche Dealer. Do not use anyone recommended by Victory. In my opinion he makes no effort to check out the vehicles he has in stock other than cosmetically. My advice, seek out your dream car from someone else. Do not trust Victory or Robert Neal.

STORY #3
I bought a 993 from Victory and was very disappointed also. I used Euro Motorwerks right up the street from Victory and was also disappointed. They did a very cursory inspection and did not catch the rotted brake lines, poor master cylinder and rotting brake line connections at the calipers, plus many more problems to the tune of $12,000. I would never buy from Victory nor deal with Euro Motorwerks and would only purchase a vehicle locally and deal with a Porsche dealership for the inspection - pay a little more, get a whole lot less problems.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Default RE: BEWARE!!!! VICTORY MOTORCARS..HOUSTON

Thanks for the tip. The question is...did any of these people do independent PPI's? Most of these cars are in "Prestine" condition until you take a closer look.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:23 PM

I think I may have looked at some of these cars when I was shopping for my Targa. A lot of theseidependent dealers clean and polish these cars inside and out. They look good, but have issues and that's why they are priced much lower than Porsche certified cars. I looked at one that had a "minor accident" . After I ran a carfax and tracked down the public records on this "minor accident" I found that it had $11K in rear end repairs...not very minor. Always do an independent PPI and run a carfax. Carfax may not catch everything but its just another piece of information at your disposal. Watch out for multi owner cars without reciepts.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:50 PM

know what you mean cmilam. I went through 5 "almost bought" cars and they all had issues. "Buyer Beware"

Old 08-24-2008, 06:14 PM

In a couple of threads on other boards, Robert Neal says to write if you have any questions or issues. I wrote the following last Friday:

Robert:[/align][/align]My fiancé Rosie Ray spoke with you on the telephone the other day regarding the 1999 Green 911 for sale on eBay. We are currently the high bidder. As Rosie mentioned to you, she will be in Texas in September and planned a visit to the dealership with the goal of perhaps picking out a car and driving it back to California. I was a bit distraught to find the following posted on a Porsche forum regarding your dealership. Would you please address these issues?[/align][/align]I sent the first post in this forum. I have received no reply and I assume I would have the same experience had I made the mistake of purchasing a car at VMC and had an issue. There was probably close to a 100% chance that we would have purchased a car from VMC. There is now a 100% certainty that we will not.[/align]

Old 09-02-2008, 09:04 AM

I've noticed they are all over ebay, I was viewing 911's earlier and saw they had quite a few listed

Old 03-02-2009, 02:40 AM

VMC has a positive feedback (per roadfly members) becaise (1) He's using eBay to suck the buyers in. The reserve isn't reached and he then sells OFF-ebay (violation of eBay rules) by contacting the highest bidders. (2) If he does sell on eBay he apparently refuses to release the car until he receives positive feedback. Look at his feedback scores. They have not moved up in months because Neal uses his employees to shill bid on his auctions, then when they don't meet the reserve the second and third offers are contacted offline to make the deals. eBay makes for cheap advertising to suck in buyers. And eBay doesn'rt care if he's a cheat or a liar as long as they get their listing fees. Houston PD has a crime report on file and Texas DOT has an on-going investigation regarding title forgery, deceptive sales, fraud, and tax evasion just on my purchase alone. I'm sure there are many more than me out there with the same issues.

File your complaints and Mr. Neal will find that his time is up for his deceptive sales practices,fraudulant activity and everything else he has done to others..

http://www.txdot.gov/txdoteforms/Get...vletConfig.xml

Old 07-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Default Victory motor cars

I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A MID 90'S 911 AND STARTED TO LOOK AROUND THE WEB AND CAME ACROSS VICTORY MOTOR CARS AND SAW A LOT OF NICE PORSCHES. I HAVE BEEN BURNED BY DEALERS ON LINE ONCE BEFORE. SO I DECIDED TO CHECK OUT THE COMPANY "LOW AND BEHOLD" THERE ARE MORE THEN A COUPLE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM, I DECIDED TO EMAIL THEM WITH MY CONCERNS AND THIS IS WHAT THEY EMAILED BACK
PRETTY ARROGANT !

you must talking about someone else thank you we do not need any clients like you good luck!!!!

Kind Regards,

Robert Lee Neal Jr.

Victorymotorcars
3912 Ace Street
Houston, Texas 77063
(713) 783-6555 office
(713) 408-6612 cell
(713) 592-5707 fax

Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Default Victory Experience

(Reposted by me from Rennlist)

I just bought a Forest Green Metallic 993 Carrera/manual with 57k on the clock. I was happy with the price. The service on the phone and internet was efficient. My questions were answered and documentation provided.

It had received the 60k check-up and the clutch was replaced, new tires and a variety of fixes. Car was shipped to me in Illinois (arrived filthy, original carrier broke down and it was put on a car carrier on the bottom and went through a rain storm). Cleaned up great. Beautiful car and I look forward to keeping it for a long time.

In the rush to get it ready they were rebuilding the drive motor to the spoiler and shipped it without it. I noticed that the spoiler wouldn't go up, kind of obvious I know. It was clear looking that the drive was missing. One email at night with a quick response on Sunday apologizing for the mix-up and fedexing it to me for Tuesday arrival.

All in all very happy customer. My last 911 was a 87 targa, this is much sweeter.

If you are hyper detailed (read ****) buyer than you MUST look at a car first. You can't assume that your version of hardly any blemishes is the same as what a sales person will consider. That isn't me. I wanted a solid car in very good shape and that is what I got.

I can't speak for anybody's experience but my own, so thank you Victory.

(Note: I did check Carfax, clean, it did have a PPI done by Victory and a fairly extensive list of items completed as part of the 60k check-up. I do agree that on older used cars an independent PPI is always a smart thing to do.)

Old 01-04-2013, 10:11 AM

About 4 years ago, I helped my son (then deployed in Afghanistan) to buy a Limited edition 1988 911 (to-die-for Diamond Blue, Porsche signature seats, with silver-grey interior, and with new-condition appearance) from Victory motors. Robert Neal managed the sale. The deal was that I was welcome to drive the car to any notable shop for a PPI, but since my son was in Afghanistan and I am out of state, victory was to transport the car to a local shop for a PPI. The shop did a more-than-cursory, but less-than-intense inspection. Yes, this was a bit risky but in this case the car was all it was hoped to be. Yep, we got lucky.

Let's make sure we understand Victory for what it is and that we place appropriate blame on ourselves, if we fail to do that which has been drilled into us from the minute we began thinking of buying an expensive/exotic vehicle: 1) Victory operates like a consignment shop. I doubt they know the "real" condition of many of their cars, 2) we all know the well-established process for buying a used exotic car and the consequences there-of when we violate that process. This process is designed to keep us safe and we have no one to blame but ourselves when we violate it: First: locate an apparently qualifying vehicle matching our desired target. Then locate a qualified, known-good PPI shop in the locality of the vehicle that will do the inspection. Get the inspection done and make a qualitative decision on whether to buy the car based on the vehicle price and the outcome of the inspection.

This procedure is time proven and applicable regardless if the seller is a dealer or individual. If the seller balks at this process, then we all know to walk away.

Victory has some real gems (I knew of one). They also likely have some expensive dogs. But there is no need for any among us to fall into a bad purchase, correct? Or maybe I've missed something?

Last edited by Mj1pate; 01-04-2013 at 10:33 AM.