Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

924s sensor removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Default 924s sensor removal

here's where I am on the speed and refernce sensor removal. I am stuck The rear one won't budge. Please offer any advice if you have ever done this!

Attached Thumbnails 924s sensor removal-pict0310.jpg   924s sensor removal-pict0316.jpg   924s sensor removal-pict0317.jpg   924s sensor removal-pict0326.jpg  
Old 02-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

At this point, you are probably looking at removing the 2 allen screws and removing the mounting block from the bellhousing and out of the car. Some bellhousings are notched enough to pull free with the sensors attached, some are not. You will need to remove the allens, and then pry the mount rearward to get it disconnected from the guide pin that the lower mounting bolt hole sits on (it is a pivot point). You may end up breaking the mount to get it out if there are clearence issues and would need to replace it.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Default nightmares galore

I wasa hoping that you wouldn't say that. I have done hours of research online with this subject, and found a couple of pretty interesting post sites. I had hoped that I wouldn't run into the same problems that they did, but it looks like I am heading in the same direction!

What is preventing this thing fropm coming out? I was finally able to pop the front one out after 3 days of struggling with it. The back one I was trying to get something under it to gently pry up on it to get it out when that one ear broke off. There's still the bulk of the sensor there, so I'm hoping that I will be able to get her out without having to take out the housing.

I have resourced the bracket and it's 20 bucks if I break it, which I will try not to do. i think the tab that goes into the block was like 6 bucks, so if it has to happen at least it won't send me to the poor house on top of the looney bin!

I'll send updates on the progress. You have been an awesome resource, Doc, Thanks for taking time for me. Lance

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
At this point, you are probably looking at removing the 2 allen screws and removing the mounting block from the bellhousing and out of the car. Some bellhousings are notched enough to pull free with the sensors attached, some are not. You will need to remove the allens, and then pry the mount rearward to get it disconnected from the guide pin that the lower mounting bolt hole sits on (it is a pivot point). You may end up breaking the mount to get it out if there are clearence issues and would need to replace it.