Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Pre Purchase Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Default Pre Purchase Inspection

I've found a 944 Turbo S that I'm interested in but it's a long way away from me - about 1300 miles. The owner has given me the name of the independent place that he had service it and there is also separate Porchse dealer in the same area. He offered to take it to either one of them for an inspection.

Ideally I would have preferred to be there myself and talk to the mechanic, but given the distance involved, would it be a good idea if I arrange an inspection with the dealer, have the owner take the car to them, and then talk to the Porsche dealer on the phone about the results? I am kind of hoping that I could trust the dealer to give me honest feedback about the car but I'd be more confident if I spoke to them face to face. I would still be basing my final decision on seeing and driving the car myself but I'm just trying to be as sure as possible before I travel all that way.

The car is in Charlotte NC and the owner had it serviced at Eurowerks, and also mentioned Hendrick Porsche as the local main dealer. If anyone has any info on these places or can recommend these, or anywhere else in that area that could do a PPI please let me know! Thanks!