Which exhaust system??? - Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here...

Which exhaust system???

Old 06-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Default Which exhaust system???

I would like to replace the exhause system on my "07 Targa 4. I would like just a bit more sound than the factory system. Which system should I get?? I'd like to hear from users who have been thru this change and what you think.. Is it a do-It-yourself project or not??

Thanks in advance

Steve in Saratoga Springs, NY

Old 06-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

I would consider this a fairly easy DIY. If you are looking for just an nice increase in tone, then I would probably just swap the muffler cans, and don't touch the headers or catalytic converters. It is basically 3 nuts, and 2 clamps and off comes a can. Removing the tire makes getting the big bulky stock muffler out easier. I am a fan of Fabspeed stuff, but there are numerous muffler options out there.