Notices
Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here...

Mods and warranty experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Default Mods and warranty experiences?

Perhaps I haven't done my searches properly. But, there doesn't appear to be many (any?) members who have reported on specific warranty issues after making exhaust, etc. modifications. There are lots of questions about this so I was wondering if any members have had any positive or negative warranty experiences after doing some mods. Munufacturer's often claim their product will not have any impact on warranty but we also hear/read otherwise in warranty documents. And we know that it may be up to Porsche to prove a causal relationship between reported problem and the mods. So some real life case studies would be helpful.

If this has been done to death and I've missed it, my apologies.
Thanks in advance.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Default RE: Mods and warranty experiences?

Good question. I just added my fabspeed exhaust right when the warranty expired. It should show the exclusions in your warranty book.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:54 AM

My experience in the Uk with a renewable Porche Extended Warranty, is the only things not covered are the Replaced Exhaust System (which is considered a consumeable by Porsche anyway) and the revised Air Intake System. The ECU Mods are invisible so that would not be affected.
Hope this helps[sm=helpout.gif]
Big Bob[sm=shades.gif]

Old 04-28-2008, 11:18 AM

Thanks, this is helpful and a good start. It's not what is necessarily what is written in a warranty (or other contract) but how is is interpreted in various circumstances. I'm glad you have had a positive experience. It's encouraging and hopefully we'll hear from others.