Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Future Porsche Owner Questioms

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Default Future Porsche Owner Questioms

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and I'm hoping to be a Porsche owner soon. Any help with my newbie questions would be appreciated. I am in the San Francisco BayArea, and came into a little money that would allow me to pay for it in full.
I took a test drive and fell in love!
I am looking at a 2002 911 Carrera Coupe. 43K miles, one owner, looks new. It's from a dealer and is preowned certified. Comes with a two year warranty. Upgrades include Bose CD 6 disc system, self dim mirrors and rain sensor, stability management, advanced technique package, 18" alloy carrera wheels, comfort package. Price is 45K.
Is this a reasonable price?
I already checked insurance and was amazed at how reasonable it is.
Should I get a PPI even though it comes with the Porsche pre-owned certified?
I read somewhere on this forum about catasrophic engine failure due to a seal. Is this something to be concerned about?
What about resale value?
How about maintenance: How often and cost:
Tires?
Oil Change?
Clutch?
Brakes?
Minor tune-up
Major tune-up?
Are there any otherissues I should be concerned about?
I know it's a lot of questions, but this is the most I have ever spent on a car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Old 02-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Default RE: Future Porsche Owner Questioms

Hi Allen,

Im not sure how much how much it would cost to maintain a 911. I own a boxster and so far I talked to a few dealers and Im looking at 700 and up for full PM service. I guess it all depends on wether you are going to take it to a dealer for service or an independent shop. Welcome again to the forum

Old 02-28-2007, 03:56 AM
Default RE: Future Porsche Owner Questioms

Hi, Allen, welcome to the Porsche world, or I should say soon to be a Porsche owner.
I myself just brought a 2006 Boxster S, there are a few things I can share regarding cost.
Tires:- I found out that they don't last that long, 15k to 20k for a set, and they run anywhere from $1200+. So, I suggest you check out the price and also ask how old are the tires on the car.
Gas:- These are high performance car, ready to pay for the gas. I am suprise how fast I have to fill up.
Maintenance:- The saleman at Porsche told me difference model year require difference maintenance & oil change schedule, usually the newer model requires less maintenance.
Brake:- no idea, anyone can tell me?? I have the car for one month, I put 2000 miles on it already.