Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Goodbye

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Default RE: Goodbye

Lee:

That is sure one nice ship. You sure are talented with both ships and cars!

Old 02-10-2006, 10:02 AM

Wow, when I stopped by your office I saw the two ships you had in there: I thought you had bought them from a museum or similar - they looked fantastic.

How many have you made total? And where do you keep them? If the hull is 30 inches long then with the jibmast and sails it would be what? 4-5 feet long and more than 3 feet high?

And by the way, Willis, the box the model is resting on is a case of Elderton Reserve Shiraz?

Old 02-10-2006, 08:05 PM

I've made eight in all, two Pygmy-class 10 gun cutters, a 12 gun sloop, an 18-gun brig, 22-, 36- and 40-gun frigates, and a 50-gun ship of the line. I keep them in my study, except for one Pygmy and the best frigate, in my office. I'll e-mail you a picture of some of them, probably not appropriate to waste the forum's time.

And yes, that is an EMPTY case of Elderton Command Shiraz I'm using as a base to hold the model--in my opinion the best wine in the world, period.

------------
Porsche related: I had to get two more rear tires put on the 996 today, it picked up a 1/2 inch bolt through the right rear trend, and was holding air but making a real rumbling. I went ahead and replaced both rear tires to just get rid of those two Bridgestones I had to buy (all that were avilable) when I had the blowout two months ago, and go back to Michelins - they (the Bridgstones) were terrible by comparison. Makes such a difference.