Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Default Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I currently own a 2002 996 Coupe (Silver/Black, stick) which is one of many Porsches I've owned over the years.

I've also owned many other sports cars (e.g. Jaguar, NSX, Corvette, 300Z, Lotus, and my ultimate dream car a Ferrari) and I still consider my Porsche to be the best all around sports car I've ever owned. Porsche has an excellent level of performance combined with almost perfect reliability. I've also had excellent relationships with my local dealers and can't say enough about the service and support I've received from Porsche over the years.

I currently have my Porsche maintained by Newport Auto Center in Newport Beach, California.

I've purchased a couple of new Porsches, but I generally buy used cars around 2 or 3 years old with low mileage, meticulous maintenance records, and always under warranty; this has proven to be a good strategy that has saved me quite a bit of money over the years.

Regards,

Thomas

Old 03-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Default RE: Introduction

Welcome, and I think you are correct, the Porsche is the best all around. My 996 is by far the best I have ever owned.

I'm interested in what model Ferrari you owned. I briefly had a '66 3.3 liter short-nose 275 GTB in '72, when they cost used about what a new vette did . It never ran right - could not afford to having the fiberglass trunk repaired right or the six carbs tuned in synchronization, but it was gorgeous and still pretty fast (quarter mile in the high 14s, about like an XKE). Could not afford it now of course, its become one of the great collectables.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:54 PM

Thomas: Welcome! I have owned a few sports/muscle cars also during my life. I am just recently a first time Porsche owner. So far, I am very impressed and satisfied with the Porsche. I reserve final judgement for after I have owned it longer.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:25 PM

Thanks for the comments guys.

Lee - I currently have a 2004 360 F1 Modena Coupe. This model has proven to be very reliable compared to previous generations of the V8 line (i.e. 355, 348, 328 and 308), although I have several friends who love there older ones as well. I've taken my 360 on several road trips with other F-car owners, including a four day trip to Las Vegas early this month and never had any problems. You really can't compare a Ferrari to a Porsche, two totally different driving experiences.

Billy - You can't go wrong with a Porsche, my first one was a 924, and then I moved up to Carrera's and I've been hooked ever since.