Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Keyless remote does not lock/unlock doors

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Default Keyless remote does not lock/unlock doors

My main key stopped locking and unlocking the car doors. It opens and locks the doors fine if I insert it the key in the keyhole and starts the car fine. Everything works.
The service dept told me that all I need was a new battery. He told me to try it with my other key. The other key works fine, but I want to be able to have two fully working keys.
So, I got a new battery. However, it did not change anything. I assume it has to be reprogrammed for some weird reason (the key red light would come on fine before the new battery).
Is there a way to program the keys without going to the dealer? I have to assume that it was the battery because I do drive the Porsche at least once a week and when I do I always lock/unlock with the key remotely.

Has anyone knows of a way to do this? Thank you

Old 09-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Default RE: Keyless remote does not lock/unlock doors

The key remote should not have to be reprogramed if it just lost power. Sounds like there is somehting wrong with the key fob itself if the light is illuminating. You are going to have to replace it. I would not take it to the dealer it will be too expensive. I would take it to a independant, any shop that has the ps2 tester (porsche tester) should be able to get it programmed they just have to get the key learning code from the dealer. I think the remote list for 135.00 plus programing.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Default RE: Keyless remote does not lock/unlock doors

That doesn't sound promising. When you say - replace it - replace the key fob piece, correct? I assume that the cut key is re-usable. I will have to look for someone with a PS2 tester in my area, but doubt that I will find anyone. I heard from someone else that there was a process where you put one key in the ignition and the other key in the door and voila, but also saw something the said that the wrong move can screw up the alarm settings. thank you.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:04 PM

i had the same problem and after much searching i found the site below and they helped me fix the issue

replacement keyless remote

Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 AM

Sometimes after years of use the buttons actually can go bad in the key. What happens is that the connections within the key buttons are not solid and the buttons stop functioning. Often it means you need a new key but I fixed one in a VW key by taking it all apart, finding checking all of the connections and putting it back together.