Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

New here

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Default New here

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Cary and I live in Naples, FL USA. I have just recently got into cars (mostly porsche) because I have had the opportunity to drive some of these amazing vehicles. Now its all I think about and I've been on the search to find like minded people to share and talk about porsche. Thanks for having me aboard and I look forward to getting to know everyone soon!

Cary

Old 06-16-2010, 05:58 PM

Welcome. Glad you like Porsches.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Default new here too

I live in beautiful Ventura California. new to the boards. "working my way up" to a porsche. currently helping a friend restore a REAL Mini Cooper. seeing what kind of fun we can have. my main car is also my first - a 74 mustang Ghia my dad bought me for high school graduation.
cheers,
JB

Old 06-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jonnybgoode
I live in beautiful Ventura California. new to the boards. "working my way up" to a porsche. currently helping a friend restore a REAL Mini Cooper. seeing what kind of fun we can have. my main car is also my first - a 74 mustang Ghia my dad bought me for high school graduation.
cheers,
JB

The real mini's are a blast! I've heard the new ones are a ton of fun as well.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:55 PM

yeah, the new ones are ok. I liked them a lot when they first came out, they were something with a little bit of character.

kind of changing my mind now though as mini owners get on my nerves. have you seen the "mini vs. porsche" ad campaign? mini wants to race a 911 down in Atlanta. they've done a bunch of stuff like fly a plane by porsche's office trying to get them to race.

porsche has so far said no but to be honest I wish they would just have the race and porsche put them in their place. mini is barking up the wrong tree there.

my 2 cents ....

Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by jonnybgoode
yeah, the new ones are ok. I liked them a lot when they first came out, they were something with a little bit of character.

kind of changing my mind now though as mini owners get on my nerves. have you seen the "mini vs. porsche" ad campaign? mini wants to race a 911 down in Atlanta. they've done a bunch of stuff like fly a plane by porsche's office trying to get them to race.

porsche has so far said no but to be honest I wish they would just have the race and porsche put them in their place. mini is barking up the wrong tree there.

my 2 cents ....
I think a race would be fun and if Mini gets to choose the course, they might do better than one would think. I actually prefer the original mini (which, speaking of races, was just about unbeatable in really tight races around urban streets, but it is just too small to drive daily in a world full of modern Suburbans and Tahoos). The new one is nice - I like the Clubman particularly.