Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

new here and hoping to soon be a new member of the porsche family

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Default new here and hoping to soon be a new member of the porsche family

Hey everyone. so im new to this forum, and hopping to be new to the whole Porsche family. My uncle is a Porsche collector, and i've always loved Porsche Engineering. so im looking to buy my first Porsche. im going to be buying a used one, and putting in a good bit of work into it, tuning it into an amazing speed chasing vesel, hopefully a track day car, and i love challenges.
i have my eyes set on a 1987 Porsche 944, i like it due to its body, its performance is good, with an inline 4cyl engine it could be better, 5 speed manual, and the stock handling is very good. but im having second thoughts. It is a 4 cylinder engine, a 2.7 litre one to be further more descriptive. ive seen some fools around the internet putting chevy long block V8 LS1 engines in them which quite honestly you might as well take a **** on Ferdinand Porsches face while your at it, because even though you want HP's if you wanted to put an ls1 engine in a vintage car you might as well have bought an 80's stingray. (if you're one of these people, if i offend you im sorry but good luck taking that car out to a festival in Stuttgart) back to my topic. what can i do to this 4 cyl engine. to get the most out of it. a cool air intake, and new racing spec spark pulgs and cams will only do so much, im talking about taking that 150-250HP standard to like 400HP or more. if i shouldn't go for this vehicle dont just tell me not to get it, give me details and specifications.