Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

new and lost

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Default new and lost

Hello and a happy new year to all. I’m a new member to this site and most of all a new member to Porsche. I just recently was handed the keys to a 2006 Cayman S and I don’t know a thing about them so I am here to learn and hopefully get support in maintnance and care of the lovely Cayman. Keep in mind that the only thing I know right now is how to take the tires off. I need help so don’t run the car into its grave.

So if anyone out there would like to support me with how to, location of stuff/parts and even attached images via email in the basic TLC I would greatly appreciate it. Some how I would return the favors in any way that I can.

Right now I need to know how to access the engine compartment… don’t know how to pull up rear carpet/cover deck, how to replace brake pads (I was told that there are sensors to replace every time) and where is the brake fluid/reservoir?

Old 01-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

The engine cover carpet comes off by just getting your fingers around the edges, or a plastic spade tool of some sort. You could use a screwdriver and a rag (against the outer section as well). Once that is off, then you have to remove the metal engine cover which is just 5 bolts or so.

Brake fluid reservoir is in the front trunk under a square lid.

Brake pads do have sensors that should be replaced when you put in new pads, they are only about 15 bucks.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Default ...

Thanks for the information and I will try to see if I can get access to take a look around. I did take a look at your profile and see that you are a PCA instructor. I just joined, paid my fee and are now waiting to get my membership card in the mail. They say it will about 2 weeks or so. I don’t know my local chapter yet but will find out soon and hopefully someone will be willing to help me out a little.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment. I hope you don’t mind if I pick your brain a bit. I will keep you posted on what I find with me Cayman.

ClearAfter