Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Newbie with a dream!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Default Newbie with a dream!!

hey all, new here (obviously)...little about me...i am 27 years old...currently own a Subaru which is getting some beautiful mods...i am currently serving in the Army Reserves and about half way through my deployment to Afghanistan as i write this...i have always been in love with Porsches....my father when i was young got his first one...an 82 911sc convertable...cant remember the color name but it was a silver blue...but that ended up getting totaled on him he was then able to find another one which turned out to be the same exact color (which to my understanding it is a rare color), it was a Convertable 87 911 turbo look (which in 87 he ws told by an UNOFFICIAL source is one of 16 in the US for that year...again, unofficial so not sure if its true or not....but if it is its pretty cool!) he has since had that and enjoys it every summer...since i started buying my own vehicles at the age of 17 obviously a Porsche has been out of my reach....but the desire has always been there...

but to not keep rambling on, i plan to start up a long term project building a 6th or 7th gen 911 turbo from the ground up...now im sure it wont be completely piece by piece, but i will start with the motor...probably look to find a blown one being sold thats still structurally intact, rebuild it...probably using aftermarket bits inside and run some aftermarket turbos and supporting bits...then ill move to the electronics probably building my own harness and running an aftermarket ECM...after that ill start stacking up more parts...things for motor install, suspension bits, and some interior bits, im thinking of making this a track car so things like bucket seats and such...then ill find myself a chassis...hopefully a turbo chassis as i prefer the wide body...if not i will be looking into aftermarket offerings as well...finish it off with some nice wide wheels and rubber and enjoy!! now i know when i post it like that it all seems so simple...but i am completely away of how much time/effort/money this will take...hence it being a long term project...

but anyway...i shall be trolling around absorbing as much info as i can...probably poke my head in and out of a few posts until things get rolling!!!

thanx for reading and hope to make some good friends and gain a great deal of knowledge!!!!