Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Possible New Porsche Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Default Possible New Porsche Owner

Hi All,

First off I would like to mention that the graphic used to register is nearly impossible to read. I tried about 30 images and 20 sounds before I got one I could even remotely understand. Is this NASA?

OK, so I am a bike guy. Have been riding motorcycles my entire life (from young boy in the trails then to street in my teens) and I am now 41. I recently hurt my back (herniated 3 discs) and therefore have to give up my dream. In order not to lose the money I have in the bike, I decided to sell and buy a Porsche, or a trail ready Jeep. So far, I am leaning towards a beautiful 1978 Porsche 928 selling for $5000. I know absolutely nothing about these cars, or Porsche in general, and was hoping I could get some guidance as to what to look for, where to go have this thing inspected, and if that is a decent price for that year of car. It is an automatic (I don't think I could manage a manual transmission with my back trouble), and it looks to be in great condition in the pictures at least. There may be a crack in one front fender, or it is just a really bad picture or reflection. The interior also looks very good, most have ripped seams but this one seems good. Also, I plan on putting a child seat in the back for my 3 year old daughter. Anyways, feel free to send me links or post any advice or reading material I should be looking at. I have someone coming tomorrow to look at the bike, so as soon as I have the cash in hand, I plan on going to see the car.

Thanks gang,
Adam