Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Trading my Stingray for a 911 C4 - New Guy Couple Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 01:24 AM
Default Trading my Stingray for a 911 C4 - New Guy Couple Question

Getting ready to trade my 2015 Stingray for a 911 Carrera 4. After nine months, the new Stingray turning out to be limited as a fair weather car and not good as a daily driver.

I got the 8 speed automatic and in traffic it is unpredictable sometimes lurching the car forward when downshifting in traffic. This is my third Corvette and I am not pleased with any improvements with the C7 generation over the C6 and C5 I owned. They at GM claim to be world class designers but the Stingrays not Porsche level engineering built.

I've loved the 911 style and engineering for a long time but purchase was above my pay grade. What I'm doing now to counter this is looking to buy a lease turn-in or certified used Carrera 4 and trading in the Stingray. It is a loss but I'll have no doubt I won't need to keep the car parked on rainy and cold days because of crash worries.

I live in Northern Virginia so the all-wheel-drive 911 C4 will give a year round sports car fun and daily driver for my commute into DC.

Help Request:

1. Send me a good source for shopping the Lease Turn-in and Certified Used 911 Carrera 4 market? Maybe in a 12 hour driving distance of DC since I have the Vette trade-in. The 2013-2015 years look to be in my budget.

2. What body colors does Porsche do best for mirror non-distorted paint finishes?
I understand the finish issues with the factory water based paint systems and that paint orange peel defects are found car industry wide. I read these defects are also being found in Porsche vehicle finishes. I'm old school and like mirror paint finishes.

3. Any other questions, comments, or concerns will be appreciated.

Thank, Dan