Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic... Almost anything goes...

Car Accident Injury Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 10:56 AM
Default Car Accident Injury Question

Hello all,
Recently was rear ended on the freeway by a lady. Luckily she has full coverage from AAA and was very nice and concerned. The damage to my car(08 Crown Vic) wasn't much, I suffered some neck, back and head pain. I went to Urgent care, I have to follow up with my Primary Dr on Tuesday and I have a chiropractor that wants me to go to his office 3x a week for at least 2 weeks. My question is: How does the auto insurance pay for the medical bills? Do they directly pay the facility or do I have to pay out of pocket and then I get reimbursed? This happened on Wednesday night, the accident was reported to her Auto Insurance right away and the property damage adjuster contacted me on Friday but she said an injury adjuster was going to call, but she never did. I was wondering if anybody had similar experiences on how the medical bills was paid. Thanks

Old 05-24-2019, 06:34 PM

Your Insurance will pay under you Med Pay, PIP or whatever it is called in your State and on your Policy. Then seek reimbursement from the responsible parties' carrier.
Left out key components - in what State did this happen, what State is your Policy Written and what State is the AAA Policy written. Usually that should not matter, as the State Laws where the accident occurred will mostly shape what happens next, but there can be gotchas. And what is your Coverage for Injuries?
The payment to the Medical Providers and gathering all the bills and documents, is really a very simple claim to handle. Even though I was specifically trained to do Heavy Auto [Fatalities, Heavy Truck] and Heavy General Liability, did my share of PIP Claims and fender benders. Real easy to pick up some good Billable Hours with little work on those. Maybe I missed some information. Contact this company https://www.jaeleelaw.com/dwi-dui-defense
Hope this helps.

Old 03-24-2021, 04:54 AM

Isn't it better to contact a lawyer?

Old 03-24-2021, 05:00 AM

Yeah, I also think that the best thing to do in this situation is to contact a lawyer specialized in personal injury cases. Even if you have insurance, and the insurance company will pay for your medical treatment, you can make some money out of them. If you are a lawyer, things are a bit different, actually, if you are a lawyer and you need a new client base, you can find more on the internet about it. Find more on the internet. But be careful, because you might get tricked by scammers who pretend to offer such services. Good luck to you, and hope you won't fall into such unpleasant and dangerous situations again.

Last edited by StevenWatsonsy; 03-25-2021 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:12 PM

The internet won't help you much.

Old 05-30-2021, 05:14 PM

In such situations, I could only advise you to consult a lawyer. I don't understand why some people rely on forum help, but not just ask for a legal one. For example, I can only recommend you a great team of lawyers specialized in this domain. I reached the guys from https://legalgiant.co/legal-type/per...njury-lawyers/ after an accident last year, and they worked with dedication and with care to provide the help I needed. Plus, they explained to me the process in detail and made me understand each step we took.

Last edited by VirgMart; 06-04-2021 at 01:46 AM.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by VirgMart
In such situations, I could only advise you to consult a lawyer. I don't understand why some people rely on forum help, but not just ask for a legal one. For example, I can only recommend you a great team of lawyers specialized in this domain. I reached the guys from https://legalgiant.co/legal-type/per...njury-lawyers/ after an accident last year, and they worked with dedication and with care to provide the help I needed. Plus, they explained to me the process in detail and made me understand each step we took.
I was in a similar situation, but it ended in another way. Maybe because I didn't choose a good lawyer team as you did.