Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

Immobilizer Problem

Old 09-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Default Immobilizer Problem

This is my first post. I have a 1995 911/993 that I bought in 2006. Evidently, the car had the immobilizer replaced on it at some point (two owners ago). When I went to the dealer to get a replacement fob, the local dealer here said that they couldn't match the immobilizer to a VIN and therefore I couldn't get a new fob. According to them, I have to buy the whole set-up (immobilizer, ecu, and fob) a cool $2200 worth of parts so my key will work. Anyone know of another way? Thanks for any info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Immobilizer Problem

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.