Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

NOTE: PICTURE LINK ADDED Need pricing help with this 911

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Default NOTE: PICTURE LINK ADDED Need pricing help with this 911

PICTURES HERE: http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/696pack/

Hello from the newbie,

I have a good friend that has asked me to market this car for him. I am not really familiar with these cars and am looking for some help. I use Ebay quite a bit but wonder if that is the right place to market this car?

Here is whatI know about it.

It is set up for SCCA club racingbutis alsostreetable

Red exterior with Red and Black interior. 1986 911 turbo that in the late 90s wasconverted into a 930. There was supposedly nearly $100K spend on the car and the vast majority of the work was done byLindsey Automotive somewherein the eastern U.S.I believe. I have no idea if this is a known name with regards to these cars or not. Hopefully someone here can comment on this. Lots of receipts.

The engine, trans, suspension, brakes,fuel & electrical systems were all reworked as well as the interior and exterior.

$27K spent on the engine and trans alone.
Top of the line Tail wastegate and High flow K27s turbo
500 h.p.@ 1.1 bar. Car is currently set up at 1 bar@ 475 h.p. and is very streetable. Even with the 475 h.p. it will smoke most 600 h.p. cars due to the lightweight and traction of this car

Limited slip differential was added

$10K spent on the suspension and brakes

RSR suspension like the 935 race cars

14.5" front and 14" rear Big Red brakes

Programable ignition

New gauges with programmed 200 mph speedo and boost gauge

Sparco EVO seats with light weight door panels

Full SCCA legal roll cage

New 6 lb. frontfenders, RSR front spoiler, GT-2 wing all made of carbon fiber.

Kenisis K58R wheels at a cost of $1600 each

Stainless steel exhaust

I am working on pictures as we speak and will post later, but this car looks GREAT.

Approximately 10K miles since the car was completed.

Any comments on value and where to market this other than here?

Thanks,
Darryl Dayton
Direct email contact at darryl@sedonarental.com
928-277-4692 home 10:00 am-10:00 pm Arizona time

Old 10-19-2008, 01:24 AM
Default RE: NOTE: PICTURE LINK ADDED Need pricing help with this 911

bump

Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 PM

WOW! 68 people have viewed this post and no one has any marketing or value suggestions?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:38 PM

It is an unknown.

The listed mods, if real and done by a shop with a good rep, would make it worth somewhere between $25K and $75K depending on the credibility of the documentation. Mods often have a negative effect if poorly done or if poorly documented (in the worst cases, you don't even know what parts to get if you need to do a repair), but if well done and documented andif the power can be verified, they lead to slightly higher prices than stock (but only slightly). The problem is: it is a modded car but is is not in super-car territory: my experience is that a claimed "475 HP" means somewhere around 400 HP verifiable at the wheels, and I have seen some total BS cars that were modded and supercharged to 1 bar and claimed that or more thanhad much less.
The real issue is the performance and the shop behind the mods, so I urge you to try to get some track results. What does it do in the quarter mile?. Less than 11.5 seconds? If you can produce an honest timeslip from a sanctioned track for that, and there is a shop that did the mods that will verify that with records not to stand behind with a warranty or anything but just to say "we used this part for that and we did this re-programming to that." . . . Then it is real and worth some coin.
But if the car does 12.5 seconds or more in the quarter, which I would expect more than not, then the value of the car is probably less than stock. And if you cannot trace the mods to a shiopw ith records, etc. it is basically a headache looking for a new home, and not worth as much as a stock model.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

It was a 1986 911 turbo that was converted into a 930 in the 90's. That doesn't make any sense, since the 930 was the factory designation for the 911 turbo from the late 70's through 1989. So a 1986 911 turbo, IS a 930.

Do you know what modifications were done to the engine? Cams? P's and C's? Head work? Is it twin plugged? Obviously it is running a crankfire ignition, probably electromotive. 400whp on CIS is achieved fairly easily on a 930 motor with the right turbo and cams. The CIS fuel system starts making out at about 500hp/425rwhp, so that motor is pretty tightly strung with the current fueling system.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:03 PM

Thanks for the comments.

My friend (the owner) is currently out of town and when he returns I will go through the receipts that he has for the car and try to answer these questions. This is the kind of input I need so that whenI begin marketing the carI know what to expect.

Regarding the true H.P. of the car I am assuming that running it on a chassis dyno for the RWHP will be just as good as running it at the track for time slips, right?