Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

Parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Default Parts

For those of you that do your own work, where do you get your parts? I see several online non OEM parts houses but i don't know much about them. How much more expensive have you found your local Porsche dealership to be for parts? Some of the little things that I need are Porsche accessory type items that I'll probably have to go to the dealer for (closest dealer is about 75 miles), but seveal others are more generic andshould be available online.Thanks.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Default RE: Parts

Just visited the dealership, they said Porsche will not have any parts older than 20 years. He basicaly said nothing local, try online. I asked him if Porsche usedany particular company for older parts but he said no. ( I asked because I know from my old vette days the GM sold most of their old corvette parts to Ecklers). I'll start with the sponsors on this site and go from there.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

What do you need, I can get most stuff for you.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:12 PM

Porsche Doc,

I am probably going to need several misc parts, so far I know I need the bottom catch on the engine lid. It's so worn that it won't catch the spike anymore. The part # from the bentley service manual blow up of the engine lid is #35. Please check this one, I'm sure there will be more coming. Thanks.