Notices
Porsche Boxster Porsche's smallest and least expensive sports car model,the Boxster is a convertible sports car released in late 1996.

Porsche radio stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Default Porsche radio stopped working

I have a 98 boxster with the Porsche traffic pro in it, well, today, hit the power on button, and all I hear isa clicking in the speakers, no power, pulled it out, has power, ground, switched power, all proper, but when you push the on button, nothing happens, but a clicking soundin the speakers, the red security light flashes like normal.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Default RE: Porsche radio stopped working

What model/type is your radio?
model number on the front of the radio?

I assume you checked the fuse in the fuse panel and the one on the back of the radio? check the back panel of the radio itself, there is a fuse holder there.
There is no internal fuse but you do need the keys to pull the radio out to get to the rear fuse.
The keys don't normally come with the car so there's no place special for them to be stored. I don't recall if they are a dealer item most people obtain them directly from Becker.

Here's what they look like

Here they are in use.

They need to be used carefully and use either a screwdriver or some other tool to actually pull on them when removing the radio as the keys very thin and feel like they'll cut into you as the radio requires a bit of force to remove.

BTW, the keys are clearly labeled left side up and right side up. You can get them in the other way. It just takes a little more force on the releases to get them out.

Radio Code:

Do you need your code? radio needs a four digit code

Try asking Loren on renntech, these questions been asked a million times

www.renntech.org

No way to bypass the code A Dealer can pull it with a PST2, or you can contact Becker directly - http://www.beckerautosound.com/ about 1/2 the cost from the Dealer. Hope this helps...

Good luck!