Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

Battery Problem ?

Old 04-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Default Battery Problem ?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and this is my first Porsche it is a 2005 Cayenne S) I just have a few problems or questions that I hope someone can shed some light on:

1. Does the PCM get power if the engine is off and the key is out & the door is open without ever starting it previously? The CD player (single CD) makes clicking noises like its trying to pull a CD in. Is this normal?

2. The cooling fan comes on almost immediately after starting sounds like a jet engine and the engine is cold. Sometime it runs after I shut it off for 20 min. and drains the battery.

3. After I jump start it I get a Air Suspension Faulty Workshop message and a PSM and an all wheel drive warning light however after I drive it, shut it and then start it again all disappear and all systems seem to be functioning properly.

I have heard and read that a weak battery can make the electrical system do strange things. I don't know the age of the battery and I only have one. I have also heard that I should hold the key to the left for two seconds before it springs back and then remove it. It has a build date of 07/04. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Can something as simple as changing the battery remedy these issues? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Other than these things the Cayenne is awesome It drives great and all other systems work. Hopefully there is not a major problem here . Thank You....

Old 05-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Default Same issues

SICayanne,

I am having the same issues with my 04 S. Battery is dead in two or three days. I have already replaced the battery ( I only have one as well) and that was only a temp. fix. I sat in the car for 20 minutes after shut down one night to see what was using the power. The head unit seems to continue to cycle thru some system. I have tried removing the CD, shutting down the head unit, AC, everything I can think of. I am getting ready to take it to the dealer, but wanted to see if you have had any luck? Any response would be great.

Steven

Old 05-31-2009, 11:25 AM

If you have a good dealer they should fix everything free of charge. I had a battery issue in a 911 and they fixed everything no worries, most of this stuff stems from a simple battery problem, there are so many electronics going through these machines, lack of battery power can confuse the cars electrical systems, as John81 said, just replace the battery

Old 06-02-2009, 09:01 AM

Hey guys, Sorry I took so long to respond... You were right it was the battery.... However not a weak one but the wrong one... It seems that even though the vehicle was advertised to have a new battery, upon further investigation the battery was for a V6 Volkswagen Toureg and wasn't putting out the correct amperage.. Changed the battery to an OEM Porsche battery and seems like all is cured. Thanks for the replies.