Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

Nothing But Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Default Nothing But Problems

I would like to say that the porsche has been great. But I can't. For what the car costs vs. the trouble it's been, the Cayenne was a poor choice in vehicles for me. It's been nothing but trouble...

- within 2 months of my lease the suspension crapped out....kind of fixed..still has issues
- the hatch back would pop open at random when the car was running....fixed
- the radio works intermitently...fixed, new radio
- passenger side door handle literally falling off
- passenger side windshield wiper stopped working

on top of that, and it's not the car's fault, but the people at the porsche dealership in Va Beach are extremely rude. So much so, that we no longer deal with the porsche maintenance man, but the VW guy that works in the same building. Their support is non existent. If you call porsche coporate they are just as snotty.

I thought buying a porsche meant buying quality...All I've experienced is incompetence.

Anyone want to buy my Porsche?

Old 12-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Nothing But Problems

Hi, first of all, no I don't want to buy your Cayenne!

It's strange, but, most of the Cayenne posts on this forum are about the rubbish build quality. I don't have any experience with a Cayenne, but I think most Porsches are built to a very high quality. Maybe the Cayenne is the odd one out???

Has anybody out there got anything good to say about owning a Cayenne????

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 12-07-2005, 03:18 PM

This is really distrubing because it could happen to me. I have a Carrera, and bought a demonstrator (you sort of figure the dealer is going to work out any bugs on that car, at least) but still . . .

Yet I agree with CTiggerPigglet: I hear this a lot about Cayennes. Where do they build them?

My advice to r_hartless: Just get rid of it. You'll take a bath financially to buy yourself out of the lease, believe me I know. In '97 I paid close to $6k to get rid of a year-old Mercedes-from-hell, and I took another bath last year on a well-built '04 Audi S4 -- it had such poor visibility to the right and left rear that i finally got rid of it (cheaper than waiting for an accident to happen).

Regardless, this it is the only thing to do: life is too short to drive a bad car (or drink cheap wine).

Old 12-08-2005, 01:43 AM

I agree with Lee, you'll probably save more in the long run if you pay to get out of it now. I've always felt that if cars have bad problems when they're fairly new they're probably still going to have problems after 5-7 years.

I also agree with CTigg, I've always thought Porsche's were quality vehicles but I've heard nothing but negatives about the Cayenne.

Does anyone have a Cayenne they didn't have to work bugs out of? Anyone have anything good to say about them? Personally I think the Cayenne is the best looking SUV out but I'd never own one just because I have to have a truck.

Old 12-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

The Cayenne is quite trouble prone for some reason. If you want a great SUV that is very similar to the Cayenne, get a VW Toureg. They are built in the same factory, but don't seem to have any of the problems (expect the 1st year model which shared the electrical problems). They are just as nice, have great power (and you can flash the ECU for more), and a lot less money. PorschePhd's wife has one (2nd one), and it is a very sweet ride.

Old 05-20-2006, 02:24 AM

ORIGINAL: PorscheDoc

The Cayenne is quite trouble prone for some reason. If you want a great SUV that is very similar to the Cayenne, get a VW Toureg. They are built in the same factory, but don't seem to have any of the problems (expect the 1st year model which shared the electrical problems). They are just as nice, have great power (and you can flash the ECU for more), and a lot less money. PorschePhd's wife has one (2nd one), and it is a very sweet ride.

and you can buy the Toureg with the V10 diesel

Old 07-11-2006, 10:21 PM

I have owned my 2005 Porsche Cayenne turbo for almost 1 year now, about 10k miles. I have had no significant problems. I have taken the car offroad a few times....performance is fantastic, especially considering that you can raise the clearance height to over 10 inches. Like many sports cars, the Cayenne Turbo is equipped with high performance tires that wear quickly...but then I knew this when I bought it. My local Porsche dealership has been fantastic.
I will say that of the few Porsche Cayenne owners that I have met they are quite different than most other Porsche owners...most Cayenne owners have no idea what the capabilities of this car are! It is not simply a comfy ride to Saks 5th avenue, like the Lexus 330. It is a highly capable, complex car capable of sports car type acceleration and unbelievably good handling for an SUV (especially with the ride height lowered) and quite capable offroad as well. So...I have been very pleased. Prior to this car I had owned a 2001 BMW X5 3.0...great car but absolutely no comparison.
Well that is my 2 cents worth...

Old 10-03-2006, 08:49 PM

I have a Cayenne Turbo, and I felt that I was jiped when I asked the dealer, "there's no other cayenne with more power or anything I can do to add more?"
He replied, "No this is all there is." Later I found out that were was such thing as a Turbo S. I wanted to cry.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:53 PM

Also, the egernoimics of the car are poor. The seat belts are tucked away and are hard to find when not looking. The air conditioning simply more air or less, or hotter of cold. The tiptronic is placed where I have to reach on the sterring wheel, and I always hit the cruise control when indicating. Porsche need to go back to the drawing board quickly before the Panarama comes out.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:39 AM

I too have had friends with similar issues. You might have a shot at lemon lawing it, but you will need documentation and should seek council from a L.L. Attorney.

Good luck!

Brian

Learn Paintless Dent Repair