Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

wat was porsche thinking???!!!!????

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Default wat was porsche thinking???!!!!????

what was porsche thinking when they made the cayenne?? i mean seriously, u couldnt offroad in the damn thing if u wanted to, plus its like 100 thousand i mean seirously, id buy a 911 for that kinda money

the cayenne is like the bastard child seriously

Old 04-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Default RE: wat was porsche thinking???!!!!????

ORIGINAL: porscheturbo944

what was porsche thinking when they made the cayenne?? i mean seriously, u couldnt offroad in the damn thing if u wanted to, plus its like 100 thousand i mean seirously, id buy a 911 for that kinda money

the cayenne is like the bastard child seriously
Well, they are a company that needs to stay afloat and make a profit, that's what they are thinking. If you look at the average newer (enthusiasts that buy old 944's and 911's are exempted) Porsche owner has an SUV in their garage next to their Boxster or 996/997. Why not make it a Porsche SUV?

If the Cayenne allows Porsche to survive, and create new great machinery, and maybe even get back to racing someday, then its a good thing. If you don't like it, don't buy one.

I'm certain that 911 owners were screaming and kicking when the watercooled 944/951 cars popped up on the scene. But they sold like hotcakes and put Porsche into the black back then. Just like the Boxster did in the late 90's.

Personally, I like them. I have a Nissan SUV parked next to my Porsche. And when it wears out in the next few years, I will be looking for a used Cayenne (or maybe Toureg depending on local availability) to take its place. I say "used" because I would like for someone else to take that initial depriciation hit! LOL.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:41 AM

ORIGINAL: namisofiT

Personally, I like them. I have a Nissan SUV parked next to my Porsche. And when it wears out in the next few years, I will be looking for a used Cayenne (or maybe Toureg depending on local availability) to take its place. I say "used" because I would like for someone else to take that initial depriciation hit! LOL.
Yes!!

First off the Cayenne is hands down one of the last true SUV's in existence. It's price comes not just from name such as a few of the other fad vehicles on the road but from endless capabilities. It's painfully obvious you have never tested one. I have tested several different models (2 hours to blow while the dealership works on your 944 is a dangerous thing. ) Yes on the surface it seems like just another "luxury SUV," but in reality it's a hardcore Humvee with the street-wise speed AND handling of the powerhouses we all know and love. Kind of that equilibrium that the Bose Company was looking for. It achieves this through a bad assed variable suspension system that can raise and lower ~6 inches mid transit; not to mention that sweet Porsche powerhouse under the hood. And for the record you don't need 100Grand to purchase one, but on that note its not cheep either, you get all that you pay for and like a true SUV its not for everyone. Basically if you can afford one you more than likely can appreciate its intended purpose. Roads are for wussies!

FYI: Before you go off on a tangent like that do your homework.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:17 PM

I totally agree with both namisofiT and Mr Pilkington on their views and opinions. Porsche is a company/corporation and their top priority is to make a profit and stay alive. I mean, that's what all companies are supposed to do. There is absolutely no point in running/owning a company if your priorities did not include profitability (unless you're Paul Newman), reduction of expenses/overhead, etc. As for those that think the Cayenne is a POS, go drive one. Even if it's not in the snow and sand, you will change your minds and views by just piloting one on the highways and on rainy days. It's world's apart from other SUV's. That's why my father bought one to replace his 00' Navigator (we still have it and use it for work though, can't drive the Turbo to work or my employees are probably going to ask me for a raise). A good way to understand what the Cayenne can do is watch the Top Gear episode with Jeremy Clarkson piloting the Turbo. It's pretty amazing considering the fact that he's putting it through the British Army's Tank Range.

Old 07-06-2005, 05:57 AM

hey all newby here.

I own an 05 cayenne turbo, and love it to bits all the above praises and more.

Does anyone have a link to the top gear episode that is mentioned in the above post?

I would love to see what other people get up to, had mine up to its arsehole in mud with only 341kms on the clock, it loved it.

Old 07-09-2005, 04:44 AM

Porsche Cayenne Turbo video from Top Gear:

http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=623&p=6

Old 07-13-2005, 10:52 AM

thanks for that what a classic video

Rob