Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

What's the latest with the Cayenne throttle/acceleration problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Default What's the latest with the Cayenne throttle/acceleration problems?

I've got my '05 Cayenne in the shop for the acceleration delay issue, which has been common for the Cayenne, but Carlsen Porsche of Redwood City, CA is saying there is nothing they can do? Anyone have any updates?

Old 10-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Default RE: What's the latest with the Cayenne throttle/acceleration problems?

Describe your acceleration issue or check out my posting regarding downshift problems. Are we experiencing the same thin, only calling it by a different name?

Old 10-11-2005, 04:06 AM
Default RE: What's the latest with the Cayenne throttle/acceleration problems?

Yes...it's basically the same situation. There is a delay in the downshifting which causes the car to stall or lag before executing the acceleration. This really SUCKS when trying to get on the freeway in fast traffic. Or even other basic manuvering around town. I could even say that when stopped and I put the car in reverse, it doesn't move. It just sits there. Then when I push the gas, the delay happens again. Most cars move in reverse without having to use the gas pedal.

My story is this...I just bought the car from Carlsen Porsche in Silicon Valley CA. It was the parts manager's car, it's a 2005 Cayenne (not S or Turbo), and has 9000 miles on it. They promised a free service on the car if I bought it. During the week before I brought it back for the service I noticed two things...#1, the car always vered to the right (clearly an alignment issue). #2, the acceleration/downshifting problem. So, I told them and they said they would LOOK INTO both issues. Meanwhile, they gave me a 2006 Cayenne loaner car (basically the same as mine, just one year newer). As I drove it home I noticed it did not have an alignment problem, and that there was no acceleration delay. The car drove VERY well. So, I immediately got back on the phone and told them that I was SURE there was a problem with the alignment and the acceleration and I wanted them to FIX it not just LOOK INTO it, and that the car they let me borrow was proof in the pudding that mine shouldn't be performing the way it is. I also found on forums like this that I was not the only one with this problem. And, a very select few have reported minor solutions to this issue....namely DMS updates, replacement of the transmission control modules, and someone else who mentioned a faulty connection in the air mass sensor?(not sure if I've stated the last one correctly). So, I'm wondering if others out there have had any more recent luck with any new solutions in particular? I haven't yet heard of a definitive fix to the problem.

Carlsen Porsche here in Silicon Valley has given me nothing but poor service and attention to correcting these issues so far. They keep trying to give me the car back, and say that everything is fine. It's been pathetic. I've been back twice to talk to them, been in numerous phone conversations, and I'm the one coming up with the game plan and solutions so far. I hate it! This is the 3rd week my car has been there and nothing has yet been done. If I did this to my clients I'd be bankrupt!