Notices
Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

‘02 BoxsterS, Red leather/Silver, 39,xxx miles, Amazing Car & Beautiful pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Default ‘02 BoxsterS, Red leather/Silver, 39,xxx miles, Amazing Car & Beautiful pics!!

QUICK DETAILS
Year: 2002
Make: Porsche
Model: Boxster-S

MSRP: $68,040.00
Asking Price: $29,780.00
Production Date:[/b] 08/29/2001
Mileage: 39,528 (current as of 11/11/08 and may be a smidge higher upon taking delivery)
VIN: WPOCB29802U660580
Engine Type: 67201095 (M96/21) 3.2 Litre
Transmission Type: 1022283 (G86/20) 6-Speed Manual
Body Color: Arctic Silver Metallic/X1
Interior Color: Boxster Red Special Leather/ME
Other Options: Heated Front Seats Package, Sport Touring Package, Porsche Stability Management, Roll Bar Painted-Silver, Rear Center Console Silver, Xenon Headlights, Hard Top, Headlight Washers
Time Owned: ~30 months
OEM Wheels: 17” turbo-twist-like wheels with aluminum raised Porsche Crest
Tires Matched: ContiWinter Contact TS790Vf/r 205/50/R17 and 255/50/R17
OEM+ Wheels: 996 5-spoke lightweight
Tires Matched: Pirelli P-Zerof/r 225/40/ZR18 and 285/30/ZR18
Top Color: Black Top/V9
Condition of Interior: 9.80 (out of 10; subjective rating)
Condition of Exterior: 9.85 (out of 10; subjective rating)
Why Selling: Priorities. Too many hobbies

I, Adam[/b] , am selling this Porsche for my good friend, Marty. We wanted to provide everyone with as many pics as possible so as to help each prospective buyer make an informed decision. We felt the same about the description, so it’s rather detailed. All questions should be sent to my email: AdamPaper@Gmail.com. A phone conversation with Marty or me will gladly be arranged for anyone wishing to speak with one/both of us. Should the car sell for full asking price (see “Quick Details” above), then it will NOT be listed on eBay. Otherwise, once the eBay auction begins (see “Important Points & Disclosures” near bottom), then ask your questions by using the icon “ask the seller a question” via eBay. This will allow each and every person to read the answer to your questions publicly and avoid redundancy. To reiterate, a phone conversation with Marty or me will gladly be arranged for anyone wishing to speak with one/both of us. So with no further adieu…

Sincerely,

-Adam

Marty’s story…

Thank you for your interest in my vehicle!

I am the 3rd proud owner of this wonderful 3.2 litre mid-engine, 6-Speed manual Porsche Boxster-S. The color combination is Artic Silver Metallic with Boxster Red Special Leather. I acquired my Porsche in July of 2006 from the 2nd owner. It has been garaged kept and covered its entire existence and been owned by non-smokers since the beginning; it is in pristine condition. Speaking of which, this Boxster-S has been conserved meticulously by the previous caretakers and has been provided nothing less than that continued preservation since my acquisition. This car has been cared for month by month and year to year in the way than any self-respecting Porsche enthusiast would.

I’ve owned my fair share of automobiles and motorcycles and I consider myself to be somewhat of an enthusiast. I feel those considering the purchase of my beloved Porsche should know how considerate, careful, meticulous and passionate I am about my machines. With age comes wisdom -so they say- and I drive with caution and consideration, but spirited driving is what this car is about. I’ve had more fun with this car than any other car that I’ve owned over my many years. Simply put, I will dearly miss my Boxster-S, but there is a time and a place for everything. Most important to me is that the next conservator take good care of her; to understand and respect her for her elegance, precision, power and grace.

So why am I selling my Porsche? The answer in short: priorities. I have 2 boys in college that still need funding :LOL: and many other hobbies that make demands on my time and finances. Not to mention I thoroughly enjoy spending time with my lovely wife, and one less hobby gives me more of this pleasure. OK, so on with the specifications and the details:

ACCESSORIES
· All original Porsche manuals (as seen in picture), literature, etc.
· Birthing Certificate (coming from Porsche) aka. COA-Certificate of Authenticity. This document was designed to be framed and is a formal version of the window sticker ($100.00). Will arrive ~ Dec 1st 2008.
· OEM Aluminum Hard Top/Cover ($4,500.00)
· Custom Car Cover ($190.00)
· OEM Boxster-S wheels & winter tires
· OEM 996 5-spoke wheels & summer tires ($2,800.00) withPirelli P-Zero 225/40/ZR18 and 285/30/ZR18 F/R, respectively
· K-40 front/rear integrated radar detection with front laser diffuser ($3,000.00)

This Porsche is in amazing condition in every capacity. Here is a summary of the major categories:

INTERIOR
The interior is near perfect with only subtle clues as to driver/passenger ingress/egress on the leather seats. Not even is the driver’s seat bolster showing signs of wear aside from minor creases in the leather (which is typical of any genuine leather product that has been repeatedly touched). The carpet is fantastic; The dash and center console are terrific; The doors are in wonderful condition. Simply put, the interior is a 9.8 out of 10! The only thing, in my opinion, that is keeping the interior from being a 10 is the mention of the leather (which is inevitable) and the coloring of the leather on the base of the emergency brake handle (aka. the part that is hidden/sunk/retracted when the E-brake is put in the downward position, thus, it is not seen unless its pulled upward) is worn off in certain areas due to the (too) tight tolerances of the assembly. Damn German engineering! The interior has been cared for by the proper cleaning/conditioning products year after year. Never has a silicone based product been used on any interior (or exterior) part. I use Griot’s Garage www.GriotsGarage.com products through and throughout.

EXTERIOR
Well, if you haven’t read about the condition of the interior, you’ll need to go back a step. I say this because the exterior is in the same condition if not a smidge better! I give it a 9.85 out of a 10. There are no dings, chips, blemishes, burns or any other anomalies that would be noticed upon inspection (unless I pointed them out to you). To that end, what is keeping the rating from a 10 in my opinion is the very tiny (~5mm) long, very thin (<1mm) scratch near the front edge of the bonnet (aka. front trunk/hood lid). It should also be noted that the bottommost edge of the front air damn (aka. chin spoiler) has mild abrasions that are not noticeable until close, ground-level inspection. There is also a small amount of pitting that has occurred to my aftermarket 996 5-spoke wheels in the rear. This seems to be from small stones/debris in the road being kicked up and pitting the finish on the (rear only) wheels.

Staying on this topic of wheels… I purchased the set (as seen in pics) of 5-spoke OEM Porsche 996 wheels to replace my factory Boxster-S wheels. Therefore, you will receive both sets of wheels with both sets of rubber. The OEM wheels have winter rubber on them while the 996 wheels have high-performance P-Zero Pirelli tires. There is an approximate 2,500 miles on the P-Zero tires so you are essentially getting new tires with very little wear on them. Additionally, the rear 996 wheels use a 25mm hub-centric milled aluminum spacer specifically designed for the 996 to Boxster-S application. This was done to achieve the perfect final rear offset and geometry. The front 996 wheels on the other hand do not require spacing. Lastly, the Big Red Brembo front & rear brakes look fantastic and are all but perfect without flaws!

Getting back to the exterior: from end-to-end it is fabulous! I even went as far as having the front bumper (and nothing more) re-sprayed by a local expert some time ago for 2 reasons: a) the slight peppering of road debris that pitted the clear coat bothered me enough to justify a professional rework and substantial re-investment, and b) the small removable inserts that created a round seam on each side of the lowermost part of the bumper bothered me so I had them shaved/filled for a cleaner more finished look. The exterior has been hand washed and the car does not go through car washes; period. The car has been garaged kept its entire lifespan and also stays under a car cover which will convey with the sale of the car (as pictured). The products that clean and protect the exterior are Griot’s Garage and provide beautiful results time and time again. Once you see the car in person, you’ll also agree how near-perfect the exterior looks.

MECHANICS & ELECTRICAL
The vehicle’s mechanics and electrics have been dealership maintained since new. Mobil1 fully Synthetic 0-W40 is what Porsche recommends this car receive for its regular interval oil changes, and that’s all it has ever seen. Then engine, transmission, brakes, electrics, suspension, so on and so forth, have been nothing less than wonderfully reliable. The Big Red Brembo brakes (front & rear) stop on a dime and are in perfect condition mechanically. There have been no out of the ordinary issues to mention and I couldn’t have been more satisfied with things since my first date of acquisition through the current day.

In addition, this car has been equipped with a top-of-the-line K40 Radar Detection/Laser Diffuser system that has been ingeniously integrated into the car. The front & rear radar devices are discretely mounted behind the front & rear bumpers. Additionally, the front of the car has been equipped with Laser Diffuser. To turn the system on/off and change its volume and sensitivity, a multi-function **** was installed into the center console that faces the driver’s side foot well (see pics). The visual for the radar/laser/sensitivity is provided by way of 3 LEDs, discretely flush mounted into the area in the center console, under the HVAC controls, around the “BoxsterS” logo (see pic). The audio indicators (front/rear each) are located discretely in each corner of the car behind the cooling vents. This Laser/Radar system is argued to be the best on the market and typically sells for $3000.00 installed. Visit www.K40.com for further details. Note: one of the hidden piezzo buzzers that provides the audible feedback for either the front or rear radar sensor (as I cannot remember which one at the moment) is not working. K40 says it’s either in need of a new buzzer ($15.00 to replace) or just a loose (2 conductor) wire.

AUDIO
I am an audiophile hobbyist and I also have had the good fortune and pleasure to work in the audio industry. This being said, the factory Bose stereo simply was not good enough as it didn’t have the detail, imaging and dynamics that I felt it needed. I was looking for more acoustical bliss at all volume levels, especially top-down at the uppermost end of the speed limit (pun intended). The only way to achieve this was to bring my car to my good industry friend, the owner of an extremely high-end and well respected car audio company in Annapolis, MD, and have him cure my (then) inadequate audio blues. What was ultimately decided upon was a “less is more” approach. For those that want a brief overview, suffice it to say that there is a CD player, 2 amplifiers and a pair of very high quality front speakers. There were NO holes cut into the car for this system and it is fully reversible if you wish to bring things back to factory specs. Aside from an OEM looking aftermarket radio, nothing else in the car’s interior or trunk is out of place. The goal was to attain a factory fit & finish which I feel has been very successfully achieved. For those that wish a more detailed explanation and breakdown, then read on…

The factory navigation/radio interface was left in the dash (but disconnected) while the single-DIN CD-Rom reader was removed to make room for the McIntosh www.McIntoshLabs.com MX-406 CD transport CD player (yes, that super old American Icon of an amplifier/audiophile company, still operated, engineered and built in Binghamton, NY). That signal then runs via silver conductor single-ended RCA’s to an Audiocontrol www.AudioControl.com , DXS active crossover. This 2-channel 3-way fully digital 24db/octave digital crossover delicately and accurately separates the signals to the two amplifiers under the bonnet which in turn power the front components speakers and the factory Bose band-pass subwoofer. The first 4 channel e4300 JL Audio www.JLaudio.com power amplifier powers the front, top of the line JL Audio ZR525csi reference component speakers which comprise two 5.25” midrange speakers and two 1” hybrid aluminum tweetersHybrid because the dome is not entirely aluminum. Its outer edges, or “surround”, are made up of butyl rubber which have many benefits from an acoustical standpoint. This e4300 4-channel class A/B analogue amplifier runs actively whereby 2 channels run the tweeters directly and the other 2 channels (at 50 watts each for a total of 200 watts continuous) run the midrange speakers. When running a fully active system like this, thus bypassing the passive crossovers that sometimes comes with high-end components, you typically gain approximately 30-50% electrical efficiency. I other words, the amplifier seems considerably bigger (than 50 watts) to these speakers due to this configuration. It is known that this is the ultimate way to configure a great sounding (car or home) system but the downfall is that it takes a little more room, considerably more money and much more know-how/technical expertise to get there. The 1” dome tweeters are housed within the factory dash locations and special plates were created to fit in lieu of the factory 3” speakers behind the OEM grills. The 5.25” midrange drivers/speakers were housed in the factory Bose enclosures that were created to hold the OEM 5” speakers. What is different now, is that these enclosures (or boxes) were originally ported (aka. vented). To allow the higher performing JL Audio midrange speakers do their job properly in unison with the aftermarket amplifier, the enclosures needed to be sealed air tight. So now the enclosures are not ported, but are acoustic suspension (aka. sealed) and treated with an abundance of acoustical and resonance control materials (called Dynamat www.Dynamat.com). The second amplifier, a JL Audio e1200, which is a mono-block (aka. single channel) class A/B analogue amplifier, again derives it’s tailored signal from the Audiocontrol DXS and in turn powers the factory Bose subwoofers in between the driver’s and passenger’s seats via the original Bose-engineered band-pass enclosure. All of the bass is derived from two 6.5” woofers which breathe their low-end/sub frequencies via a port located at shoulder height in between the driver/passenger. It should be noted that the e1200 (subwoofer) amplifier has been running too hot lately and is in need of service. I’ve not had the time to take it out and send it back to JL Audio for proper inspection. Therefore, the subwoofer is not being used at this time with the audio system.

IMPORTANT POINTS & DISCLOSURES
With all of the positives and excitement of the car, please understand and remind yourself that you are bidding on a previously owned car with over 39,xxx miles. This means there is normal wear and tear and minor flaws. It is not new nor is anything perfect. If perfection was required, then I suppose you’d be purchasing a new car for a substantially larger sum of money. Also, I will not[/i] attempt (nor is it realistic to expect of anyone) to list every minor flaw but I would again like to bring to your attention some items that I feel are noticeable upon close inspection. This list is not [/i]intended to be 100% comprehensive nor can I be responsible for omissions. Additionally, one should understand that what I interpret (subjective; of opinion) as more than minor, you may feel is insignificant and vice-a-versa. Lastly, the list to follow is recapping what has already been stated in the above descriptions/paragraphs. These things being said, here are some things I would like to list/reiterate:

Tiny pitting and marks/chips around some areas of the 996 rear wheels (not front)
One of the piezzo audio buzzers for the radar feedback signal doesn’t work
Front bumper meticulously re-sprayed by choice (see above for details)
Subwoofer amp needs inspection to ensure proper function
Tiny scratch (~5mm x 0.1mm) in paint on bonnet
Mild abrasions under front air dam/chin spoiler
[ul][/ul]

I welcome additional questions and will do my best to get back to you within 12 hours. If you need additional images (ultra close up images), I would be glad to accommodate, but please provide me your personal/business email and/or a contact number where you can be reached.

My Porsche has a CLEAR Ambler, PA (Pennsylvania) TITLE without[/i] a lien holder (aka. owned outright) and a CLEAN & CLEAR CarFax. This car is sold in “as is” condition and has no [/i]warranty implied whatsoever. I will gladly send you a FREE copy of the CarFax which was run Sunday, November 09, 2008. Again, this car will also come with an OFFICAL COA, or Certificate of Authenticity (see accessories section).

This car which I am listing on this Porsche Forum will ultimately be offered through eBay IF it does not sell for the full asking price (listed at top under “Quick Details”). [/b]Should the eBay sale commence, the auction WILL NOT end early for local offers. The only way to end the eBay auction at that point is to click the “Buy It Now” prior to the reserve price being met. NOTE: The reserve will be set at an extremely low value to ensure that no one’s time will be wasted and the car will ultimately convey. Should the eBay sale commence, the Porsche will be LISTED FOR 10 DAY AUCUTION DURATION STARTING Friday, December 5th 2008 (12/05/08).[/b]

I hope that this auction places the right [/i]caretaker with this wonderful example of German machinery as my Boxster-S will truly be missed…

By purchasing this car or placing a deposit on this car, you are wholly agreeing to the following terms, agreements and stipulations: You are freely purchasing at your own will based on this auction’s information with and/or without the additional input gained from viewing images and/or speaking with Marty and/or Adam either on the phone or via email. By placing a deposit and/or fully purchasing this vehicle, you enter into a binding contract and are agreeing to the terms set forth (see separate TERMS AND CONDITIONS clause) including those set by the eBay and PAYpal community (if applicable). There are no refunds on deposits and the sale is “as is” with no warranties implied or otherwise. By placing a deposit/payment and/or purchasing this vehicle, you cannot, do not and will not hold the seller liable for any omissions. You are wholly agreeing to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS set forth within this sale. Therefore, please have us send you the TERMS AND CONDITIONS document and read all of the terms & conditions carefully and ask any questions prior to making a commitment.
[/b]

SHIPPING: The winning bidder is responsible for local pickup. If an automotive carrier company is needed for shipping purposes, then all of the responsibility along with payments fall to the winning bidder to arrange all needed details. The car will be released upon the satisfaction of the payment terms.

To reiterate from the start…Adam[/b] is selling this Porsche for me. We wanted to provide everyone with as many pics as possible so as to help each prospective buyer make an informed decision. We felt the same about the description, so it’s rather detailed. All questions should be sent to Adam’s email: AdamPaper@Gmail.com. A phone conversation with Adam or me will gladly be arranged for anyone wishing to speak with one/both of us. Should the car sell for full asking price, then it will not be listed on eBay. Otherwise, once the eBay auction begins, please then ask your questions by using the icon “ask the seller a question” via eBay. This will allow each and every person to read the answer to your questions publicly and avoid redundancy. To reiterate, a phone conversation with Adam or me will gladly be arranged for anyone wishing to speak with one/both of us.

Thank you for your interest![/b]

Warm regards,

-Marty

The Full 110+ Images can be seen quickly and easily viewed here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4127176

[IMG]local://upfiles/7557/BB529A6BEBA045D5B2FF0EBB772B0DDE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7557/46A8226924514B3295FD0291E86CA5C1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7557/FBFCBEA117A043E296354D9EED295605.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7557/E4CFB6EE60DB4CFF956BA9B22CCD27BC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Default RE: ‘02 BoxsterS, Red leather/Silver, 39,xxx miles, Amazing Car & Beautiful pics!!

Lowered 'asking price' from $31,400. Thank You