Notices
Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Porsche 930 930S Turbo Slantnose Widebody Coupe / 1976 912E

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Default Porsche 930 930S Turbo Slantnose Widebody Coupe / 1976 912E

Porsche 930 930S Turbo Slantnose Widebody Coupe

I am selling my project car since I do not have the time to finish it. It is a 1976 Porsche coupe with a 930 slantnose turbo widebody conversion. This car is actually a 1976 912E, but it is exactly the same as a 911........The only difference is that the 912E's originally came with a 4 cylinder engine versus a 6 cylinder engine in the 911. This is a good project in which a lot of the hard work has been done. Here are the details:

-Recent Porsche Guards Red paint
-Coupe with full 930 Slantnose fiberglass conversion
-Electric pop-up headlights with steel headlight doors
-RS 3.8 whale tail
-Moulded in box rockers
-Later Carrera 2 / Carrera 4 style front and rear bumpers
-Factory Carrera 2 front turn signal and side lights
-Turbo S front bumper air scoops
-Polished 5 spoke aluminum wheels (9 inch wide fronts and 12 inch wide rears -I'm pretty sure those sizes are correct)
-BRAND NEW Yokohama AVS 345/35ZR15 rear tires -with only a few hundred miles on them. Cost $300 each!
-Newer 225/50/15 front tires with about 90% tread
-Shaved passenger side door handle
-Clear CA title (not salvage)
-5 speed 915 transmission
-Blaupunkt Reno AM/FM stereo cassette

The car currently does not have an engine, but it does have the original transmission. The previous owner started preparing the car to install a Chevy V8. The front area in the trunk has been modified and the fuel tank has been modified to accomodate a radiator for the V8. The fuel tank is installed and can be used for any powerplant that may be installed into this car. None of these modifications will affect the installation of a Porsche powerplant (which was my plan). There were no modifications to the engine mounting points in the engine compartment. I was planning to install a 3.0 litre 6 cylinder engine from a Porsche 911SC. Or someone can put back in a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder engine like it originally had. I believe a 914 engine will work.

The body is in decent shape and there is no rust in the floors. The paint is Guards Red which is a factory Porsche color. It is shiny and is of decent quality. All of the glass was removed when it was painted, then re-installed afterwards. As far as the bodywork,it is definitely NOT a show car and there are quite a few imperfections here and there. One of the imperfections includes a ripple in the front hood that should have been fixed. I wish the bodyshop that I used spent more time on the bodywork before it was painted. Also, when they reinstalled the rear glass, I think they might have used the wrong rubber seal since the rubber does not go all the way to the edges. However, the glass seems to be okay and is solidly mounted.

The interior is all there and is complete, but is mostly original. The front driver's seat has tears and wear holes in it, the passenger seat does not have any tears and is not as bad as the driver's side, but it has some cracks and is fairly worn, the dash has some cracks, the headliner is ratty at the edges. However, it is not too bad considering that it is from 1976! Now for the good: the carpet is in good shape with no holes, the door panels have no tears, the rear seats are in excellent condition, it has a Blaupunkt Reno radio, the rear deck panel is a from a later Carrera and has openings for two 4"x6" speakers. The body shop wasn't real careful, and some of the interior parts have primer overspray on them which needs to be cleaned and/or parts replaced.

Basically, this car is totally complete except for the engine. There are a lot of powerplant options for this car.....from an American V6 or V8, to a 2.7 litre 911S, 3.0, 3.2, 3.6 litre Porsche 911 engine, 930 Turbo engine, or a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder engine like it originally had. This is a great project car for someone and is relatively easy to get to the point of being driven. I took it this far, but I just simply do not have the time to finish it. I could also use the cash and the garage space which is why I have decided to sell. There is much more $$$ wrapped up into this car than the amount of the asking price. Please let me know if you have any questions. Serious buyers only please! No time wasters! No out of country scam offers! Thank you. bxtech@excite.com

I have pictures posted at:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/acnfan/a...60762386694956