Notices
Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here...

996 Carrera Coupe Exhaust Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Default 996 Carrera Coupe Exhaust Recommendations

I have heard no aftermarket exhausts personally and have been looking at Ztek. They offer a 10 day 100 mile no questions asked return policy and are a little less expensive than the competition. Does anyone have any experience with these mufflers? I would like an aggressive sound with no resonance while cruising.

I know fabspeed is well liked from what I have read online, but a few things I read lead me to beleive they are on the quiet side.

I currently have muffler bypass pipes on the car figuring they couldn't be THAT loud...wrong.

Since I already pulled the stock mufflers out, I'm not going to put them back in an would like to be able to drive my car again so I'm looking for input from people who have aftermarket exhausts in their car already.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Ken

Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Default RE: 996 Carrera Coupe Exhaust Recommendations

Big difference between loud and proper tuning, and that's what makes designing or choosing a muffler such a difficult task.

Best to get advice and then listen to one on a vehicle similar to yours.

It really makes little sense to remove cats and as you found the noise level climed considerably.

Low resistive high flow cats like Larini or Hyperflow serve an ecological function while yielding great performance.

SinceI am a Ferrari person and don't yet own a PorscheI can't give direct advice.

I'd get a copy of Excellence Magazine and look at what's offered.

Fabspeed has a good reputation but lokk at all possibilities.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:36 AM

Thanks for the advice. I went with the FabSpeed and it sounds awesome.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:40 PM

Try Paul at Porsche Shop ( 01215856088) his Stainless Steel Sports Exhaust Deal "Supersprint Parts Package" on 2 tuned manifolds, two hi flow cats,2 sports mufflers, and 2 tailpipes,will give you what you want. If you also go for the £170 Hi Flow Inlet System this will transform your car. I've had a problem with Low Speed Idle with the Inlet System, but it is improving as the Engine Management System learns the effect of the cooler air flow into the Mass Flow Sensor. The finishing touch is the Revo Technics re-chip. I suspect I'm now running between 360-370hp on a 2003 996 C2.
Regards Big Bob