Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Porsche 997 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Default Porsche 997 C4S

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and I will become the proud owner of a new 997 C4S in a little over a month (if the ship arrives on time of course).

When I ordered my C4S (White/Terracotta), I forgot that the multifunction steering wheel was not standard. When I finally realised my oversight and contact my dealer, it was all a little too late.

Can the multifunction steering wheel be installed at the local dealer? My car has the satnav, telephone module, and Bose sound system. I understand there are a fair bit of wiring that goes to the steering wheel and column. But are all the wirings there already when the car left the factory? Or will it be a wholesale dash board out job? If its the latter, I'll definitely forget it. Last thing I want is someone (even the pros at the dealership) to pull out the dash.............................what needs to be done to effect the installation of the multifunction steering wheel?

The dealer rep comforted me by telling me the multifunction sports steering wheel and the sports seats are options even for the Turbo.....................well, perhaps I just need to work even harder to buy a Turbo later.

Many thanks

Stan

Old 07-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Porsche 997 C4S

Hi Stan, welcome to the forum! That sounds like a great looking Porsche you've ordered yourself! (White's the new silver, so I'm told!) Why not post some pictures in the gallery once it arrives!

As for the steering wheel, I would think anthing can be done, it's just how much is it gonna cost!?

I would think that the official Porsche dealer would have to do the work or you might invalidate your waranty.

Good luck, CTiggerPigglet!

Old 07-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Default RE: Porsche 997 C4S

Thanks TiggerPigglet

I'll post pictures of the car when it arrives.

I know the dealer could probably do all the necessary work to install the multifunction steering wheel. But as I said in my previous email, I would only do it if its a simple steering wheel swap (hopefully the wirings are already in the steering column). I dont want to have to take the entire dash board out.

I had a problem with the air-con unit in my old BMW E46 330i after three months of driving. The BMW dealer had to take out the dash to replace the faulty evaporator (or something). The dash board never felt quite the same after. Especially over bumps or potholes. I took the car back to the dealer and they did replace some clips and other stuffs to ensure the problem (a lot of glue no doubt) was cured once and for all. But it never felt the same.

Regards

Stan