Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic... Almost anything goes...

Shows and Meets 2010!!!

Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Default Shows and Meets 2010!!!

Here's some shows and meets for 2010!!!

June 6th - 7th - Ocean City Car show - Ocean City, MD

Aug 7th- 8th- DUB Car Show - Ocean City, MD

The june oc car show is doing this once you register 10 or more cars/bikes under the same group or club name the OC Car Shows will make a donation of 10% percent to the charity of your choice also were having $5 off all entry's right now for the next few weeks!!! Make a difference and get involved in the biggest automotive and culture event on the east coast!!

www.occarshow.com

Old 02-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Default Katys Run #2 - May 22, Rye, NY

Hello all,

My name is Kevin. I live in Westchester, NY. I just joined the forum. My sister in law Katy has Cystic Fibrosis, an incurable lung disease. Last October, I organized the First Annual Katy's Run: Drive Out Cystic Fibrosis, as a way to raise funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. It was a tremendous success. I am getting ready for Katy's Run #2, to be held on May 22. More info will follow. I hope some of you are local and can join us this year.

In the meantime, please read the following message from Katy.

A message from Katy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT5ya...layer_embedded

Above is the link for my 2010 Cystic Fibrosis story. As always my team, Katy's Krusader's is participating in the annual Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Great Strides: A Walk to Cure Cystic Fibrosis. This year is more important that ever to raise money and awareness because we are closer than ever to finding a cure.
I will be 26 in April and I have lived a great life. However, the past two years I have seen my health take a dramatic decline and unfortunately that is the nature of CF. It is a progressive disease. But I will not let the statistics that say the average life expectancy for someone with CF is 37 years old to break my spirit or damper my fight. I know that it is possible to have my dreams come true and live life to the fullest. I took the past year off from work because it got too much on my health at the time. Now I am ready to start fighting back - I worked way too hard for my nursing degree. I am going back to work in March as a nurse in a neonatal intensive care unit. I have always had amazing support from my family and friends but I now have so much more to live for. I have the career I've always wanted, an absolutely wonderful boyfriend, the cutest little godson ever, and adorable nephews and a niece. Not to mention, I would like to one day be a mother myself. Please checkout my video, send it to your friends and family, even if they don't know me. Any amount of money helps. Your donations are tax deductible and you can easily donate online, or send a check directly to me made out to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. This past year I have seen too many young people with CF die way before it was their time. CF needs to be stopped and research into new drugs that could possibly cure CF is the ONLY way this will ever be done.
The other day I asked my mom if she ever thought I'd be around this long (I turn 26 in April) and she looked at me honestly and said "no". I want to be around two more years from now so that I can ask that same question and get the same answer, and maybe at that point not even have CF.
I've worked hard to get my dreams to come true, now I need your help to help me find a cure!!

Until there's a cure,
Katy

Last edited by PorscheDoc; 02-17-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Change of date and location.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Default Katy's Run #2- new date May 22

Maybe a moderator can help me out. I have to change the title of my original post. Due to a conflict with another event, we are changing the date and location the event. New date is May 22. I should have the new location worked out by Feb 23. I apologize for the confusion.

At the first Katy's Run, we had about 15 Exotics Rally members; almost 1/3 of our whole turnout. Since ER is holding an event on May 16, and, in the hope that their members will participate again this year in even larger numbers, we have decided to change our date.

Again I apologize for the any inconvenience this causes.

Kevin

Old 02-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jalpaesq
Maybe a moderator can help me out. I have to change the title of my original post. Due to a conflict with another event, we are changing the date and location the event. New date is May 22. I should have the new location worked out by Feb 23. I apologize for the confusion.

At the first Katy's Run, we had about 15 Exotics Rally members; almost 1/3 of our whole turnout. Since ER is holding an event on May 16, and, in the hope that their members will participate again this year in even larger numbers, we have decided to change our date.

Again I apologize for the any inconvenience this causes.

Kevin
I changed the title for you. All you need to do when you hit edit, is to click the Advanced options button, and it will open up a screen that lets you edit more of the post.