Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic... Almost anything goes...

sponsoring visitor visa to my parents and brother

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 11:32 AM
Default sponsoring visitor visa to my parents and brother

Hi, I am a US citizen (naturalized) and would like to bring my mom and brother/niece on a visitor visa for a month. It has been rejected twice during 2005/2006 when my mom and my niece (minor then) applied together under visitor visa. The passports have been renewed for them (it has been 12+ Yrs). what is the best way should I apply visa for my mom and the rest separately or together? I can apply for GC for my mom however, she can stay only for about 4 or 5 months in a given year ( minimum of 6 months required is what I heard). Has anyone applied for a similar situation and how is the experience? Appreciate your inputs. Thank you.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:51 AM

ASSUMING her visitor visa is approved, and she is able to enter the US, your mom once you've filed for AOS, can stay in the US as long as she would like until a decision has been made on her AOS application however if she is traveling outside of the US during that time she will need to apply for Advance parole in order to travel without giving up her request to immigrate.. also there's no best way to apply for a visitor visa, the decision is purely based on how you answer the questions the VO gives you and the VO's decision.
I had to collect a lot of documents for obtaining a student visa, I checked the documents through this free service https://usimmigrationforms.com/ and it helped me to get a visa faster.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:10 AM

I want to visit the St. Petersburg tour. I was inspired by this article. What do you think about it? Tour guide in St Petersburg: Tzarina Tours