Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic... Almost anything goes...

Weighted blanket for insomnia. Anybody try this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 02:22 PM
Default Weighted blanket for insomnia. Anybody try this?

ok, I’d heard about a similar thing for dogs afraid of thunderstorms and for people on the autism spectrum, but I just read about using these for plain old insomnia and it appears there may be some science to back it up.
I remain sceptical, but a close friend committed suicide a couple years back and I basically haven’t slept since. It was like a switch flipped. Last summer most days it felt like I slept, but otherwise, it feels like I haven’t slept once morning rolls around. I know I obviously have slept some, but it isn’t deep and I’m sure it’s very fragmented. I’ve done the sleep study and it basically confirmed that. No apnea. Although I’ve gained a bunch of weight since thanks to meds I’m taking to try and help me sleep. They ain’t working. I’m taking enough stuff to knock out a moose and I don’t even feel dopey. So meds aren’t the answer and I’ve been on them for quite a while. Probably best to get off them since they clearly aren’t effective.
So, I’m willing to try something new.
Wondering if anyone here has tried the weighted blanket. If so, did it help?

Old 07-03-2019, 08:22 PM

I haven't heard anything but I think it's worth trying. That aren't that expensive all things considered and a healthier option than all the meds you are taking https://melacomfort.com/blogs/news/w...omnia-symptoms

Old 03-24-2021, 01:56 PM

Not long ago I had problems with insomnia, and I did not know how to get rid of it. I was worried about this, because I went to bed very late and woke up dozens of times at night and until I walked a little, I could not fall asleep back. After some time, I saw at my acquaintances at home some knitted and made of cotton pleas, which seemed so nice to me. Even at my friends at home I simply fell asleep on them, and then I understood that I wanted to take some blankets for me, so I asked where they got them and now I feel fulfilled, along with the new possession. https://sommio.co.uk/KnittedWeightedBlanket .

Last edited by VirgMart; 03-30-2021 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by VirgMart
Not long ago I had problems with insomnia, and I did not know how to get rid of it. I was worried about this, because I went to bed very late and woke up dozens of times at night and until I walked a little, I could not fall asleep back. After some time, I saw at my acquaintances at home some knitted and made of cotton pleas, which seemed so nice to me. Even at my friends at home I simply fell asleep on them, and then I understood that I wanted to take some blankets for me, so I asked where they got them and now I feel fulfilled, along with the new possession. https://sommio.co.uk/KnittedWeightedBlanket .
Thanks a lot for the advice, sounds like a good idea.