Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

Help,new tire??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Default Help,new tire??

I have recently purchased a new 08 911 Carrerra S Cab from a car dealership. It had 10 miles on it and never titled. Its beautiful,recently I brought it to the dealership for a 1 month check and the service guy says ,"you have a nail in your front left tire" he goes on to tell me that it is not repairable and it will cost 490 to replace the tire.The car has barely 800 miles on it. Can that be right??? How should I handle that?? Thanks in advance guys. AJ

Old 06-06-2010, 01:44 PM

Well, my reading of the warranty is that they are technically correct, however I would be talking to the manager of the dealership as it could have happened before you bought the car and the Porsche warranty hotline to try to get an exception. Either one of them might think your future bussiness is worth the price of a new tire.

ChuckJ

Old 06-15-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Well, my reading of the warranty is that they are technically correct, however I would be talking to the manager of the dealership as it could have happened before you bought the car and the Porsche warranty hotline to try to get an exception. Either one of them might think your future bussiness is worth the price of a new tire.

ChuckJ
Chuck, I did have a talk with the manager,I explained that since I bought 2 Porsches from him in the last 3 months,could'nt he just at least discount it?The final cost for a new front tire (Mich,PS2 etc.) was 535.95.I was just hoping for a discount,these are the kind of bills that are no fun to pay.I don't have a problem spending money,this one just bothers me.So the manager called me back the day later and covered everything for me. I was shocked!!!!!! I think they did the right thing. I'm happy to say that it worked out well.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by 911AJS
Chuck, I did have a talk with the manager,I explained that since I bought 2 Porsches from him in the last 3 months,could'nt he just at least discount it?The final cost for a new front tire (Mich,PS2 etc.) was 535.95.I was just hoping for a discount,these are the kind of bills that are no fun to pay.I don't have a problem spending money,this one just bothers me.So the manager called me back the day later and covered everything for me. I was shocked!!!!!! I think they did the right thing. I'm happy to say that it worked out well.
Congratulation, free was the right price. He finally understood who was in charge. Funny how some people have to be told.

Chuck