Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

Looking to join the Porsche owners family

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Default Looking to join the Porsche owners family

I'm a long time car nut and have owned several German cars over the years. Currently own and drive a '95 BMW M3 That I've had since newand a '06 VW GTI/DSG.

For some reason that I can't explain I've never owned a Porsche. Well that is going to change...I've made it a New Years resolution to put a 911 in my garage sometime during 2007.

Like most of us I would dearly love to go out and order a new 911. But dropping $80K or more on a car is not in the picture at the moment.

Anyway, I've been reading just about all I can find on 911'sat bookstores as well as on the Internet. I'm planning to join the PCA with their temp. membership as I look for a car and then become afull member with car ownership.The car I end up with is going to be a weekend toy. I've sort of narrowed it down to the 3.2 cars and most likely a '87-'88 to get the G50 trans. but will consider all 3.2 cars

I've considerd 993's but the SAI issue is a concern along with their current high demand and price.The 964 look to be a great value at the moment and might still be a consideration. In the end the 3.2's have that classic look that I like. Also it looks like one can get a very nice car for $18-$21K. Having said that I know that the SC's could also end up providing a car for me. So many choices!

Due to my location (very rural) I'm not fortunate to have cars nearby to look at. It seems thatjust about every car I see on theInternet ad sitesseem to be 500+ or more miles away! I need to find some cars that I can look at as well as drive to see if the 3.2's are what I want. I've driven 993's as well as 997's and they are wonderfull.

I've seen some nice cars on E-bay but I'm reluctant to purchase a car this way without seeing it first.

I did not mean to ramble on but just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to reading and learning from others here. Hopefully I will find the right911 soon.

David