Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

Not another problem, Time for rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Default Not another problem, Time for rebuild

I think 07 as been a bad year for my 85.5 944. I have had my car apart more than I have had the chance to drive. I have done the tranny (twice in two years) this spring due to ring and pinion. Then my odometer gear went. Then my ac compressor started to leak in front (still not fixed). My oil pressure gauge is acting like it has short in line (still not fixed). One injector locked and now 4 new ones. I then noticed oil in water coolant so just last weekend replaced seals in oil cooler. Now sunday the water pump decided to start leaking. Great, in 3 months I get to spend a few grand. I blame most of the issues due to previous owner did not know how to take care of anything and I find out after I get the car.

Now the fun part, motor drop and a complete rebuild. It was on my list to do in next 2-3 years but it looks like it is starting earlier. One, the car has almost 200K miles and two, the seals are just starting to leak so why tear into all that with the engine in. I have rebuilt many engines (this will be the first Porsche) so that is not what I am worried about. I am curious where to get most of the parts. Looking for the right part at a good price. I have autohause and 944online as one of the few sites bookmarked but curious where everyone else gets theirs. Need all new seals, rings, bearings, gaskets, belts, water pump, etc. Where to get most parts from one place that has the right parts at a good price? I do not want 30 parts from 15-30 places to save a few bucks.

Thanks
Dan

Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Not another problem, Time for rebuild

I can get you everything you need, shoot me a message when you get the engine out and decide to start collecting parts. I can usually beat most prices out there.

PS, before I was in the business, I did a lot of business with Ian at 944online, and Jason at Paragon Products.....all great people.