Notices
Porsche Boxster Porsche's smallest and least expensive sports car model,the Boxster is a convertible sports car released in late 1996.

How do you response to "Boxster owner is a poor man Porsche"

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Default RE: How do you response to "Boxster owner is a poor man Porsche"

For real? Debes, you live in Honolulu? Did you joint the local Porsche Club of Hawaii? I am think about jointing.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Kevin & I are here in Oahu on vacation till 9/29. We have a timeshare here. Yes, we do belong to PCA-Loma Preita Region Zone 7 in the Bay Area/San Francisco. I would suggest joining your local PCA of Hawaii. Lots of activities, great people and of course the car, Porsche.

Just to let you know the Boxster Forum called Babblers is having a 2007 West Coast Boxsterfest in Tahoe this Oct 18-21st. We have some people from Canada, Washington, Oregon and Florida that are attending. And who knows where else. Maybe you would like to attend?
website: http://www.babblers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9389
If you can't, join Babblers Forum.
A great place for information about your car and fun people.

Pedro, (who will be doing a tech session) and his wife, both from Florida will be flying into Reno, Nevada and renting a car (non-Porsche). They arrive on Wed the 17th. at Cal Neva Resort in Tahoe: website: http://www.calnevaresort.com/

I went into Porsche of Hawaii here on Oahu and they will be donating something for the WCBF. Many other sponsors that are not listed yet also.
website: http://www.babblers.org/boxsterfest/wcb-sponsors.htm
So lots of free goodies & prizes for everyone. And a great way to meet people from everywhere. I know we have a few people from Hawaii on the forum. Check it out. I also posted this event here on this forum as well as quite a few others too.

Aloha,
I will be looking for your car for a pic. I have found a few other P-cars here on Oahu that I have taken some pics..[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 10-01-2007, 09:07 PM

If it's such a poor mans porsche...Then why aren't you driving one?

Most of the people that I've heard saying that....I quote with Boxstaboi's comment...Either drive a Ford focus, or some type of other junker....

:x

Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Deaner

If it's such a poor mans porsche...Then why aren't you driving one?

Most of the people that I've heard saying that....I quote with Boxstaboi's comment...Either drive a Ford focus, or some type of other junker....

:x
good point

Old 10-16-2007, 05:34 PM

Funny ,over in the VW community some people saythe VW R32 is the poor mans Porsche.
I like being poor!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/5106/123A6798A6A84C0FB0D52A699F7C625B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-20-2007, 06:00 PM

When I was shopping for my Boxster, I wasn't comparing it to other Porsches, I was comparing it to other sports cars in its class. Nothing came even close to the Boxster. You can not compare a 911 to a Boxster because it is in a completely different price range. For the price of around 50 grand, the Boxter is the best car, in its class, in the world. For 100 grand, the 911 is probably the best, but I won't champion that cause until I buy one. George[8D]

Old 10-30-2007, 10:28 PM

Hello:
I am new to this forum, live in CA and this is my first Porsche, a used '98 Boxster with 49900 on it. I bought it because my brother got a new 911 in late '06 and was so impressed with it, but didn't want to part with $79K just yet. So he steered me in the direction towards buying a Boxster, gently used if possible. I laugh about the "poor man" comments. I just spent close to $5k to make necessary repairs and bring it back to good operating condition. Even though I do feel poor after spending the bucks, I don't consider any Porsche a poor man's automobile. Besides, I have a convertible and have had nothing but fun so far. I have nothing to prove, not interested in racing anyone, just looking for pure motoring excitement and this Boxster delivers.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:08 PM

Congratulations on your Boxster. If you need help or questions in regards to your car. From your Zip code looks like you live in th San Francisco Bay Area. Check out Babblers (Bay Area Boxster Board Listers):
http://www.babblers.org/index.php?

Old 10-31-2007, 01:18 AM

Thanks for this info, I will check the site. Appreciate the warm welcome and I am sure I will be returning. This is definitely the most "exotic" sports car I have owned and being used I am sure I will have questions when things go haywire. SFstevo

Old 11-02-2007, 01:51 PM

Poor man's 2008 987 Boxster S list is 64k. Fully optioned Boxster S is as much or more than a base 997. Yes it is the "entry level" Porsche, but I bought it because I like it better than the 997 not because it is cheaper.

Quick Reply: How do you response to "Boxster owner is a poor man Porsche"