Notices
Porsche Boxster Porsche's smallest and least expensive sports car model,the Boxster is a convertible sports car released in late 1996.

How do you response to "Boxster owner is a poor man Porsche"

Old 11-03-2007, 05:10 AM
Default RE: How do you response to "Boxster owner is a poor man Porsche"

Happy for you! Any changes between the 08 compare to the 07?

Old 11-18-2007, 09:12 PM

I think the "poor man's" refers to how expensive they are to maintain. I've owned a used 986 for less than 2 years and have already spent over $5,000 in service and repairs--not including tires--and it only has 50k on it!

Everything is oh...the car won't start--cha-ching $900 or, oops, there's coolant all over the floor--cha-ching $1,100...or, the car won't start again--cha-ching $1,300...or the top is screwed up...you get the idea.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:08 AM

Ok the Boxster is not in reality a poor man's car... Its just a truly amazing car under the WRONG badge... The car is a deal, you get a lot for your money compared with the other cars from the market. People generally don't like the boxter because they spend 123K on their 911 and the pizza delivery guy is driving dady's Boxster that is worth about 20K... It hurts the people that send so much on their car to have a badge that is related to the boxster... It's simple... But I still need to emphasize how great of a car the boxster really is, just under the wrong badge... Imagine a Volkswagen badge on it ? That would be really amazing

Peace,

'I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself.'

Old 01-11-2008, 01:13 PM

After a being lent a boxster S for a couple of weeks, I was hooked, now have my own. and LOVE it!
Poor man's Porsche? pshaw..race track times show it to be right on the heals of 911's due to its balance.
and as mentioned by others... Porsche owners don't say that.. only wannabees just before they hop back into their Plymouth Caravans, Windstars or other soccer mom vans..

I have often seen the "longing" in men's eyes as I drive past them in their family sedan... teehee...love it!!!

Old 01-11-2008, 01:21 PM

Just another note that I want to add.
You can call me poor, call me broke for the rest of my life as long as I am drving my Porsche..... He he.....

Old 01-25-2008, 10:55 AM

Corvette is a poor mans porsche. If you want a 50k plus two seater roadster then the boxster is your car. Mid engine layout nimble handling and just down right fun to drive. Poor people dont have 50k+ to spend on cars. Also i explain that the Boxster is designed for a certain purpose different than the cayman and definately different than the 911 in many aspects. Or you can ask them if they would feel better paying more?

Old 01-25-2008, 11:29 AM

Who sais Boxter it's not a Porsche is an idi.t!!! They dream about that car!

Old 01-26-2008, 05:52 PM

I don't know any poor men that can afford a Porsche... Enjoy, you own just about everyman's dream...

Old 02-13-2008, 09:31 PM

heres another one....i can recently vouch for saying...

If a boxster is a poor mans porsche....then how come i pickup your GIRLLLLLLLLLL EVERYYYYYY ****GGGGGGGGHT IN IT

Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 PM

"It was between this and a Yaris...."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you response to "Boxster owner is a poor man Porsche"