Notices
Porsche Boxster Porsche's smallest and least expensive sports car model,the Boxster is a convertible sports car released in late 1996.

NEED ADVICE!! ; I AM BUYING A BOXTER

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Default NEED ADVICE!! ; I AM BUYING A BOXTER

I need to know which optons are a must.

Which are really not necessary.

Anyone buy a boxter and after the fact, wish you would have paid the money for any options??

Any advice on getting the best bang for the buck (including help on options that increase resale value)???

Best wheels for the price?

Any advice would be helpful.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2160/DF4272BC907D44AC84E15A3B666C89F0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Default RE: NEED ADVICE!! ; I AM BUYING A BOXTER

Forget what other think of options, get what you want and will use.
Of course a fully loaded car will sell better on the used market but it is all a matter of cost, people dont want to pay thousands more for the extras, they will source a bog standard car (And they still hold their price quite well) to get an idea of value then add only a small amount to hopefully purchase a model with all the bits.
The options on the boxter, new, are very very expensive, however after a few years you will only see a very small return for the outlay. Most sports cars are owned for only a short time (Just look at the adverts, after 5 years 8 or more owners)
If the boxter is your sort of car then have the extras you want, i have had mine for 4 years and still enjoy the car as much as the day i got it, still spending loads on it for my own pleasure.
The model is pretty bulletproof but it does have a range of little annoying things - just read the forums, rarely is there a major problem.

Parts are quite expensive and OPCs charge a fortune in labour, however there are many manufactures that make pattern parts and retail much cheaper, most of the time the parts supplied are original equipment but at half the cost.
I use europarts and Porsche-Apart.

Enjoy your car and stop thinking about the resale value before you even have it, all hobbies cost money, your car will also be a hobby, you are only here once, the quality of life is more important than the quantity, forget the cost and for once let your heart rule your head.

More importantly have fun

Glyn