Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

Quality of Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Default Quality of Cayenne

Hello to all of you Porsche enthusiasts from Münich!

I own a 7/2005 Cayenne S and have made 20.000 km with it. Usualy I go with the speed of about 140-150 MPH on the autobahn, where there is no speed limit. The Cayenne is extremly stable at top speed and makes you feel secure. The breaks are very good. And you need them here in Germany at those speeds, because everybody with powerful vehicles are in the left lane. And you have to take care to brake very fast. Until now i had no problems. By the way: the Cayenne is mostly made in Bratislava/Slowakia (a part of a former east block country Czhechoslowakia). The final assembly and quality control is done in Leipzig/Germany. For that reason, I don't understand, how comes that so many failures happen? It is clear that every new model has it's "childrens sicknesses", but models from 2004 shouldn't actually have any problems. I hope, my Cayenne will go up to 100.000 km without problems. By the way there is a much more positiv response to Cayenne in a German Porsche Forum www.pff-online.de than here. But I can't say why.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Default RE: Quality of Cayenne

I must agree with Doc63, the Cayenne is really a solid vehicle,but this forum only states the negative about it. There are not many SUV's that can perform in the manner is this vehicle. I just got back from Europe and drove the Turbo there at high speeds, this SUV was unbelieve. On the open road there is no better vehicle than the Cayenne.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:33 PM

I was in Vienna at this WE (very nice Netrebko/Vilazon concert). The weather was not very good, but I drove at about 110-120 Mph really comfortable and secure. It makes a lot of fun, wenn everybody on the autobahn gose right, as soon as they see the Cayenne front with its xenon lights. There was no vehicle, which has surpassed me along the 500 km. Cayenne is a very nice car. The only negative remarks on that trip: the noisy and in the automatic position very nervous windshield wipers.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:00 PM

I have owned several high quality performance vehicles. The Porsche Cayenne turbo is simply outstanding. I own a 2005 Porsche Cayenne turbo now with a little over 20K miles...no problems. A lot of people emphasize the road performance, but the offroad capabilities are very good as well (not quite a Range Rover but the Range Rover is much worse on the road). The adjustable ride height is fantastic for providing better handling on the road (2nd lowest setting) as well as off road (highest setting) with longitudinal and rear locking differentials. I am considering using the Porsche for towing my sports car to the track, as it can pull 7000+ lbs. It is a true sports "utility" vehicle that excels in virtually every category...can't say that about the new Jeep (no offroad or towing) or the BMW X5. I am continually impressed with how well the interior is laid out and the fit and finish. It feels like a tank from a safety standpoint. Could do without the turbo lag...but can't complain.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:41 PM

?