Notices
Porsche Cayman S The Porsche Cayman is a mid-engine 2-seat sports car.

Looked at a New Cayman

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Default RE: Looked at a New Cayman

Congrats! Am hoping to buy mine next year. Do you have any pics?

Old 01-25-2006, 12:00 AM

I get my Cayman back on Friday. I have some modifications to the car being done right now. I will take some pics this weekend and post them for you all. My car stickered out to 82K. I got it really loaded with options, and I didn't buy the PCCB either. The color is Lapis Blue with dark blue interior with the aluminum door seal, multi-function aluminum steering wheel, and center console in aluminum, plus silver seatbelts, & 19" Sport Design wheels. Everyone that has seen it says that it is 'Drop Dead Gorgeous' I miss the torque that I had in my 997 S, but I did notice immediately an improvement to the performance and handling. Going around turns is very fun and will break out a huge smile on your face. I am confident that once I finish my enhancements to the power, that this car will smoke a regular 997. The S will still kick its butt. Oh well the car is fun and it sounds better than my 997 S and it does really look better too. I am happy with the car. I will keep this one for a bit longer than the last three 911's.
Cheers,

Old 01-29-2006, 12:59 PM

yeah.. i dont remember enything negative either. If anything I remember reading a review that liked it so much they started dumping on the notion of buying a 997 when you can buy a Cayman.

Cayman looks great but I personally think the 997 is more for me when you look at my life style/obligations

Old 02-13-2006, 01:01 PM

While waiting for the two new rear tires to be replaced by the dealer the other day (long story, see General Tech about "factory misalignment" of Carreras and my experience with tires) the salesman who sold me my car several months ago hosted me in his nice warm showroom and we talked for a while. He said the new Cayman was selling fast - they never have had one unsold by the time it reaches them. They had a sold one in the showroom but he opened it and let me sit in it. roomier than it looks from the outside. They really are a wonderful car, but definately not something that overlaps of competes with the 911.

Not to take anything away from the Cayman, but I'd prefer the 911. The one I sat in had a sticker of $71,850. There was a "base" Carrera next to it on the floor at $74. given you might be able to deal on the 911 I'd rather pay whatever little there would be for a car with the small back seat and more "classic" look, but that's just me. The Cayman is a fantastic car.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:22 PM

I saddly missed the party last month at our dealership for the arrival of the Cayman.

But after seeing one the other day and talking to the owner for a while they seem pretty bad ***. No 997 but still sweet. Still prefer the FR generation(s) for a variant from FF flagships, but thats a matter of taste.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:16 PM

I also have not heard negative things about the Cayman. I have read a couple of articles about them and there was nothing but praise for them. I would still like to see one in the flesh. Pictures of them look really nice.

With all the models Porsche now has, I think there is a model that can fit most peoples tastes and lifestyles [sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 05-08-2006, 08:52 AM

My first post here. I drove a Cayman S this past weekend and will be buying it today. Over 40 years of driving have seen lots of performance cars in my driveway (too many my wife says). The have included Porsches, BMW M3's and the rest. I currently have a Z51 C6 vette, which I will keep, but the Cayman is the most balanced car I have driven in a long time. I'm getting the tip transmission (my vette is 6 speed) primarily to encourge my wife to drive it, but actually I was most impressed with the action of this unit. The car is not too optioned out as it will be a daily driver. Should pick it up later this week and after more miles behind the wheel I will post a more complete obserevation of this baby. Thanks
than