Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

Parking Your Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Default Parking Your Porsche

All Porsche Owners:

I have some questions: do you all worry about where you park your cars?[sm=rolleyes.gif] Are you paranoid someone is going to get jealous, because they don't own a Porsche and key/or scratch your car on purpose [sm=devilgrin.gif] I do, to the point I don't want to park it anywhere because I get too parnoid[sm=nerd.gif] Do I worry needlessly? Should I just chill out[sm=helpout.gif]

Old 02-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Parking Your Porsche

Chill out, drive the car, and enjoy it. The only time i ever have seen problems is when someone with an expensive car takes up 2 spaces in a lot, or parks out where no other cars are parked etc. After all, it's only a car. Door dings and paint scratches can be fixed pretty easily. Obviously you don't want to be parking it in questionable areas of town, but at the grocery store, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:27 PM

Well, you probably aren't grocery shopping in the Porsche (where are you going to put the bags?) And I would be worried about shopping carts slamming into the side of my car! But, it is just a car and you should be able to enjoy it... but honestly, I'm like you and don't really like to park my car anywhere except for my garage. If I need to park, I take the jeep or the old beemer. Funny story... I went out on a date and took my Porsche for dinner, but before we went out to a couple of clubs, I switched cars. As were were pulling up to the parking lot of this bar, my date asks me why we switched cars. Before she could finish her sentence, a guy backed up and drilled this other car in the lot! Moral of the story... avoid shopping carts and drunk people... otherwise I think you're fine to park.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:18 PM

i advise just to drive the car and not worry. Any car so precious, or so fragile -- I had a big Healey like that once -- that you worry about it all the time is no joy. I go grocery shopping in my Porsche and I don't worry about anything: I figure its a car and it has to do the job.

I've had only one car keyed in my life and that, I think, was not malicious, just someone loading something in their car that scratched mine badly and they were too cowardly to own up to it.

All that said, I do think about the parking space I select. some are just going to get backed into and so forth a lot more than others, but I'd do that with anything I was driving.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:57 AM

Yeah, I know where you are coming from. When I go downtown I just find underground parking and pay just for peace of mind. But in the end, it's just a car, a rather insanely awesome car, but still just a car which is meant to be driven and used.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:02 AM

I parked my new Targa (748 miles on the odometer) in the middle of 3 empty parking spaces at the bank to walk 30 feet to the ATM. A Buick pulled in and door dinged me. The woman denied she had hit my car until I pointed out that my Lapis Blue paint was still on her door trim. Her insurance paid the $785 to have my car fixed. I drive a Porsche every day, either 996 or 987, but I pick my parking spot with care. I don't mind walking a little extra distance to keep bumps and bruises to a minimum.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:56 AM

Whenever I take any of the cars out, I park in outer Siberia and on an angle just in case someone decides to park next to me. Since i usually park where there are no other cars around, the jealousy or POd factor doesn't seem to enter the picture. Besides, I need the walking exercise!

Old 03-24-2006, 02:38 PM

Hey Magwheel:

About the stable of cars you own: [sm=jawdrop.gif] You are one lucky dude [sm=hail.gif]

Old 04-09-2006, 05:19 PM

Here's an idea for parking.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2144/96A173D732654BADA0CCC0825890BA68.jpg[/IMG]

Now we just have to build a mini Porsche

[IMG]local://upfiles/2144/2D74D0B0B2D0480D9CF9101759F0E52E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-13-2006, 03:04 PM

Ha Ha a mini Porsche would be a lot of fun... of course I would have to have the Turbo!