Notices
Porsche Boxster Porsche's smallest and least expensive sports car model,the Boxster is a convertible sports car released in late 1996.

AM/FM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Default AM/FM Radio

I just purchased a '98 Boxster and had it in for repairs. Just installed the radio face plate and it flashes "code". Does anyone know how to override this to get the radio/cd to work? Struggling with this, as I know of no code. It did not come with an owners' manual. Thanks.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Default RE: AM/FM Radio

You need your radio code.
Look for a silver plastic card that looks like a credit card. The code and serial number is on that.
If that doesn't work (i.e. you can't find the card) then you'll need to get the serial number off the radio and contact either the dealer or becker usa. The dealer route will likely be the fastest.
Check your manual to see if the code is written down somewhere in the book. Do you have a radio manual? Also look on the underside of the front hood. Frequently it is written there.

Also, from another forum someone did this:
How to Get Code from a Working Radio [hr] This may not help you out but I did this to get my serial number before the radio went into security mode

Ignition ON
Radio ON
Locate the TP button PUSH and Hold for 30 Sec

You will hear a BEEP
BECKER will Show on the Screen

Turn the Right **** Until You see SER
The Eight digit letter/number is the serial number for the CDC 220

Hope this helps someone
__________________________________________________ ______
You don't want to re-code the radio, just obtain the code. If the dealership won't do it for free just contact becker usa with the serial number. You can also get info over at the Becker Board.

Good Luck

Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 PM

Thanks for that quick response! No I didn't get a radio manual or owner's manual with car. I will try these options. Appreciate this info!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:48 PM

Try Renntech forum
Here is the thread:
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...;hl=radio+code
Loren will help you.
Loren
RennTech.org

Also,
Hold down the TP button for at least 10 seconds after you turn the radio on. "Becker 1" will be displayed. Rotate the right **** (slowly) and it will display the Becker model number. Then rotate it again and the serial number should be displayed on the radio.
Write it down and post it on the thread and Loren will help you.

Another option is to read more about the radio code:
http://mike.focke.googlepages.com/radiocodes